USPS Rant!

jleiwig

I ordered from Tracy on Monday, USPS picked up the package 3/2 at noon, and I still have yet to see it. Why call it priority mail if it's not your priority to get it to me? :confused:

I'm sorry, but this is just the latest in the longest line of things. I shipped out 20 packages in the past two weeks and three of them got delivered back to me because the people couldn't read the difference between TO: and FROM: on a label.

It's sad really, my mom retired from the post office back when they used to have pride in the product they put out. Remember rain sleet or snow the mail must go through? That doesn't exist anymore. Neither does a regular mail man. I swear every day I see a different mailman at my house or in my neighborhood. Some of them don't even wear postal uniforms when delivering the mail, just a hat and jeans or shorts depending on the weather.

Ok..rant over, but I really wanted to sit and stare at my big hunky aluminum wheels yesterday, and the wife worked late, so I would have gotten to them first. Now she'll see them first, and give me "the look" and maybe complain a bit. :D

I see in the news talk about "saving" the post office, well quality service would be a great place to start with that! :eek:

I use the USPS online shipping all the time, last month, it took 9 days for a two hour car ride south of me for them to deliver. On the same day, I shipped a package to Eugene, OR, it was delivered in two days. Go Figure, I do not understand their system, but for the money, it is still the best deal around on heavy items that will fit into flat rate boxes.
Jim

I was shipping cable that way. Would load a box for $10 with 70# of cable. One day I showed up with 14 boxes in a wagon. Didn't get a Christmas card that year.

They were probably mad at you for making them lug around those heavy boxes of G-11.

You are probably right, my drop off point is PostNet, they reported to me, that when a "new female" postman tried picking a package of G-11 off their counter last week, she could not pick it up, they had to carry it to the truck for her. It was not the one sent within 90 miles of me, but I do think some let them ride in their truck because they do not want to pick them up again.
Yea for equality hiring.:rolleyes:

Go "Clip & Ship". Works perfect, not had one problem. Free delivery notification and tracking.

Jim

I did! That's the worst part. I just use it through paypal since it's so quick and easy!

Anyway...I really can't wait to look at my wheels tonight. My wife will totally think I've gone off the deep end.

I did! That's the worst part. I just use it through paypal since it's so quick and easy!

Anyway...I really can't wait to look at my wheels tonight. My wife will totally think I've gone off the deep end.

I do not use it through PP just because the last time I checked they only have one option for flat rate, it is for a medium flat rate box and I ship a lot of small ones $4.85 and a lot of large ones. The USPS site is great because you keep your online shipping addresses. If you have a repeat customer (and I have lots) you just click their name and the form is filled in for you. Their tracking stinks, but for the most part they deliver. I have shipped well over 300 boxes of material and up to two weeks ago, they never had failed to deliver one. I had one small box to go missing.
Jim

They were contracting out our delivery for a while. You would see a random person delivering mail from the trunk of thier car. That stopped when theft skyrocketed!

I live in Canada and have had excellent service by USPS to thr border custom's office. Ohio has been for me a difficult location to ship to. I've had two packages that some would have declared lost that I waited out and did finally make it. Why only Ohio? I would think there is a postal organization problem in that state. Frank

Your probably right! :D

I live in Canada and have had excellent service by USPS to thr border custom's office. Ohio has been for me a difficult location to ship to. I've had two packages that some would have declared lost that I waited out and did finally make it. Why only Ohio? I would think there is a postal organization problem in that state. Frank

I do not use it through PP just because the last time I checked they only have one option for flat rate, it is for a medium flat rate box...
Jim

They recently changed that so all flat rate services are included. I used to ship small flat rate boxes as flat rate envelopes since price and insurance price are the same and they didn't have small flat rate boxes listed. huh1

So far I've had two packages of damascus take over 20 days when both should have taken two days. Most of my 2-3 day packages take 7-10 days. :mad: Slow shipping is bad for business since people need the steel by the end of the week for an order. Its pretty bad when my shipments from Hong Kong take less time than a package traveling though a few states.

I would use UPS but they are an hour away and would cost me a fortune to have them pick up packages.

Their packages do arrive so I can't complain too much...

LUckily I beat my wife home and got to stare at my package from Tracy of beautiful aluminum goodies before I got yelled at.

I ordered my stencils from Ernie Grospitch.He said he shipped them out priorty mail on Monday,I just got it on Friday.I know everything does not run perfect all the time,but this is not the first.
I had some family,that lived in the same town,and regular shipping would take about 3 to 4 days.

God bless,Keith

When I deal with USPS and have something important to ship I use Registered mail and never had a problem. Fed Ex and UPS are worse. Their claims departments are a horror.

I have got that beat . On Jan 7 2010 , i shipped a knife to The Netherlands , and shipped it priority . The lady at the post office said it should take about a week .On Feb 7 , the package had not shown up yet , so i asked the gentleman that i had sold the knife to , to give me a few more days , as he was in no hurry .The package had not shown up by the last week of Feb , so the lady at the post office said we had better file an insurance claim . The next day the guy called me from The Netherlands and said he got the knife." aint that the way it always works" . . I thought to myself that could not get there that fast .So i sent the guy an email asking for the #'s on the package. Well it turns out he recieved the first knife . He said he would return th 2nd knife when it arrives . According to the tracking system at the post office neither package has been delievered yet . Crazy aint it . Scott

The USPS is so inconsistent that , all you can do is "ship and pray" I have lost quite a few things and never paid off on insurance several times . I like ups for security . At least they will pay you if you have a loss . The biggest crooks is the TSA. the biggest thieves , stole at least 3 orders of expensive steel from Dick tools in germany !! Put thier sticker on empty box and shipped it to me !! Then claimed they never saw the pkg ?? They could not explain why there was a TSA inspection sticker on Box .

Back