My Dog

Fiddleback

Haven't shown y'all my dog yet. I'm a Boxer guy. This is my second, and can't say enough how much I love this breed. The best breed with kids I've ever been around without any need of training on this. Big enough for security, but still travelable. Beautifully shaped, and great attitude.

Last night when I went out for his final walk I was doing my customary check for deer before letting him out, and there were two hanging out in my street. I yelled at them to scare them away, but they just hung out looking at me like I was a moron. So, I came in and got Boudreaux, and leashed him up, and we went out to meet them together. I love how he stiffens his body up when he sees wildlife, and he looked like a statue. Very low groans begging me to let him have a chase were the only noise he made. The deer took him rather more seriously than they had me, and fled quickly. I wish I could have just let him chase them, because he loves to do that, but then recovery takes a long time and a lot of calling, and the neighbors get PO'd. So we watched their white tails bob away from us, probably both groaning on some level, then we finished our walk, and went to bed.

He's 30 months now, and really looking studly. He weighs 75 or 80 lbs, which I consider to be about ideal for a male boxer. I've seen a bunch of bigger ones in the 90 lb range, and they look fat to me. I like to leave the ears, because they're beautiful and soft, and the dog loves to have them rubbed. I don't like big dogs with tails. Another plus. He's still a bit goofy, Boxers are quick to train, but also slow to mature. I got lucky, this one isn't a chewer.

Anyway, pics from puppy to now.

Boudreaux85-vi.jpg

smboudy16-vi.jpg

100_9463Medium-vi.jpg

Boudy21-vi.jpg

boud102_1592-vi.jpg

Boudy18-vi.jpg

Great looking dog you have there. I also own a male Boxer and have had Boxers my whole life. There a great breed for sure.

Larry B.

He's sure a good looking boy! I've always thought Boxers were cool.

A word of caution for prospective dog buyers:

From everything I have read, and I am even more of a dog nut than a knife nut, the Boxer, as a breed, has one of the highest rates for cancer. I would be extremely careful who I bought one from, ask for references from the breeder, and see both parents on site or run the other way!

Last edited:
He's sure a good looking boy! I've always thought Boxers were cool.

A word of caution for prospective dog buyers:

From everything I have read, and I am even more of a dog nut than a knife nut, the Boxer, as a breed, has one of the highest rates for cancer. I would be extremely careful who I bought one from, ask for references from the breeder, and see both parents on site or run the other way!

Absolutely true. They also have a short life span. This will be my last one as I can't go through the grieving any more.

Yup Larry, he's a good lookin' guy but not as good lookin' as "Ole Moe". Haaaaa!!!!!
Moe had either jumped out of a pick up or was thrown out. When I found him he was skint from one end to the other and could hardly walk. I had to pick him up and carry him to my truck and then drive across the road to my place. In a couple of weeks he was running all over the place.

He has been shot with a shot gun at some time. He has about #7 bird shot all over him and it put his right eye out. With one red orb and one brown eye looking at you he looks kinda demonic. Took me about a year before I could get beyond that red orb. He is real good with people but doesn't get along well with other dogs, and we have 17. All dumps. I guess that I just should not be so soft harted and live close to a WMA.

Absolutely true. They also have a short life span. This will be my last one as I can't go through the grieving any more.

I believe seven years is the average life span for a Boxer. That's very low for this size dog (but common for giant breeds like Great Danes and Mastiffs).

Yea, the Boxer is prone to cancer. And the white ones are usually deaf, and should be avoided also.

My first lived to be 12. She is sorely missed. Never a better dog either. Boudreaux is trying though. He was definitely easier to train.

Sorry to sound like Internet police but could we please move this to The Dog Run?

Just trying to keep things organized!!!

i grew up with a female boxer Princess. she was so good and very loyal. maybe the good Lord will let me see her again one day and rub that belly.

One of my daughters and her husband have two of those beutiful, loving boxers ! They are so affectionate as youi said. Whenever they come here or we go there they have to get their hugs and kisses in for us. My miniature dackshound, who is fourteen and we find to be a grand dog for us, gets jealouse when they are handing their affection around. He doesn't seem to bother them in the least when he acts up. I'd give you a picture of my great dog but I don't do them. Frank

Back