Free schooling for purple heart vets children.

Tod Lowe

Hey guys.
Thought I would pass along some info we recently got that has allowed my wife to go to college.
If you are the child of a purple heart veteran, P.O.W. or Disabled Vet you are eleigible for free schooling . Yes I said free.

Her father was awarded the purple heart . He also has a bronze star which is an amazing story also but its not needed to qualify.

Shank, how do you apply for this. My father inlaw has both ,Purple heart and Bronze Star for being injured in WWII. This would help out with my wifes schooling. Thanks Tom

Good info to share. I've unfortunately already made it to a 50% rating. I'm hoping to be able to hold my knee and back together long enough to make it thru my last few years. It sucks being in my mid 30s and feeling like I'm twice my age at times. LOL

Shank, how do you apply for this. My father inlaw has both ,Purple heart and Bronze Star for being injured in WWII. This would help out with my wifes schooling. Thanks Tom

Tom

My wife went to a veterans affairs office in Indiana.
I thought it was a federal thing but it appears each state has its own terms.huh1
Contact a veterans affairs office in your state and they should have the info.
Good luck.

I have three kids in college right now that would sure ease the burden. I'm 100% disabled, didn't know about the purple heart deal.

Thanks for posting this Shank.

Larry

What I found out so far.

In Ohio it's called the Ohio War Orphan Fund. It applies to spouses, and to children up to the age of 26 who's parent was awarded a purple heart, was a POW, Killed in action, or is disabled veteran. It pays 70% and they have to go to school in Ohio.

I think I got it right. If you need assistance go to your local VA office and they will hook you up.

Larry

Back