Traditional slipjoint......in jammies :)

papi

I mean, what does the handle remind you of ? :) To me, it looks like my GF's striped jammies :)

Anyway, the blade is 2.5" of 1090 carbon steel, hollow ground, hand rubbed to 800 grit. The scales are damascus made by a very cool Mr. Bump, and then re-forged by my friend Kenda. I had the idea of a handle like this in my head for a long time, and on this knife, it just came together. Also, this is the first knife i made from the batch of damascus i got from Mr. Bump, and making the first one a slipjoint just seemed natural to me :)
The pins are 925 silver.

Let me know what you think :)

IMG_4458.jpg

half stop. It's also relieved inside :)
IMG_4460.jpg

IMG_4461.jpg

Thanks for looking, take care,
Ondrej

Papi,

Perfect ! It's rare to see a knife that has everything and needs nothing added, removed, or changed !!!

-Josh

I'm not a slip joint fan Papi, but you, Rusty, and Mr. Britton are making me lean towards wanting to purchase my first. That's a heck of a nice looking piece there. Absolutley remarkable craftsmanship.

Thank you guys, i'm really glad you like it :)
Josh, that is a great compliment, and a one sentence sum-up of what i'm trying to do with my knives. Thank you for that (if you don't mind, i might use that sometime)
And for the weight, this baby weighs 60 grams ( 2.1 ounces if my converter is correct). It is a very slim knife, the thickness of a hair over 3/10"

Ondrej

That is very light for one with damascus as scales.
Job Well Done,
Jim

BTW: do you have an over head shot showing the thickness and how the blade centers?

I don't have one, but check back later, i will go shoot it and post later :)

Ondrej

Thank You, me being a collector of beautiful and unique knives spurred me on to see all I could. I do appreciate it.
Jim

Here they are :) The first one is from the shoot i did in the morning, the other two are from now. It's slowly getting dark, so they are not as good as they should be.
Also, how do you take a pic of a centered blade, so that it actually looks centered? :mad:

IMG_4459.jpg

IMG_4466.jpg

IMG_4465.jpg

Ondrej

That damascus has never looked better. Sweet slippie Papi! Happy to be a part of it.
Where can I get the 925 silver pin stock? The domed pins are very cool.
The slim design should be pocket friendly. Nice work buddy!

Last edited:
Thanks guys :)
I'm glad you like it Mr.B, i feel privileged to be using your damascus :)
If you want some 925 pin stock, i can get it to you, it's pretty cheap. The only problem could be the metric sizing.

Ondrej

Back