Completed Project #2

murphda2

Super Moderator and KD Blade Show Boss
Well, I finished one up tonight. All that remains is to finish sharpening it.

Blade: 1/8x1x2.5" of differentially HT'd 1084
OAL: 5.75"
Handle: black linen micarta w/ss tubing and grey fiber liner

Blade is hollow chisel ground.

The first photo was taken after glue up. It looks pretty rough. The other photos were taken a few minutes ago. Sorry for the quality of the photos, I'm too lazy to go look for my camera right now. The last photo is so you can keep things in perspective.

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• Project2.jpg
    Project2.jpg
    43.3 KB · Views: 160
  • Project2-2.jpg
    Project2-2.jpg
    92.8 KB · Views: 161
  • Project2-3.jpg
    Project2-3.jpg
    35.6 KB · Views: 159
  • Project 2-4.jpg
    Project 2-4.jpg
    36.8 KB · Views: 171
Thank you for boosting my ego guys.

Jerry, I'm gonna have to get some more blades ground and come see ya. I'm almost out of projects to complete.

Murph, Get them ready and come on down. Hopefully I'll be here for a while.
Delivered 2 knives the other day felt good, like I'm catching up, that night 3 orders came in. Now that makes 7
orders to get turned out before I can play.
I'll try to give you a call today
Jerry

you know he made his first knife with ONLY a file, right?? not OUT of a file... WITH a file.

He's come along ways. Im a fan.

Yes, you have #s 1 and 3 (of the ones that would actually cut that is). There are probably dozens of junk blades I made of mild steel still in the attic of the old house around the corner from your parents.

#1 is put up. It's put up so well, I don't even remember where I put it.

But #3 is right here beside me, as is that pre-production Nimuravus you gave me, and the RTAK you gave me too.

You need to come home for a visit.

btw..... we haven't told anyone yet... but if you come home closer to Christmas, you'll prolly have another Niece or Nephew to SPOIL.

-R

I was referring to the one I made out of the circle saw blade ("Buddy"). But yes, I remember my Nimuravus "Pre-Production" that you destroyed the value of.

I'll be home this weekend for a few days. Not sure what the wife has planned, but I'll get in touch. Would love to see the girls. Congrats on the new little one on the way. I need a new nephew to give knives to until I can get a little one of my own.

Last edited:
how in the world did i destroy the value of it????

u r nutz.

and yeah.... i have that one right here in the gunsafe..... i need to make a sheath for it.

Back