Some Damascus & Mammoth

SPAknives

Here is the latest knife I finished up. This one is almost 9" overall, Chad Nichols carbon ladder pattern damascus, Wooly mammoth ivory bolsters, Wooly mammoth tooth handle, Brass liners & spacers, wandering vine file work, and finally a elephant skin inlaid sheath. Those are wooly mammoth tooth and ivory beads on the little dangler thing on the sheath that I also maid. That was a request of the customer. I hope you like the pics! Please let me know what ya think good or bad! Thanks, Shane

62010DanForonda7.jpg

62010DanForonda11.jpg

62010DanForonda5.jpg

62010DanForonda8.jpg

62010DanForonda2.jpg

Amazing work! The knife is beautiful in every way .. And the sheath is beautiful.

Congratulations.

Horacio

Very nice.... I like the combination pf materials.

Joe

OMG , that is outstanding. The tooth really compliments the blade and the bolster and brass gives it a break up. WOW I love it.

Couple of questions :
How did you attach the brass to the blade ? I'm curious because I had the same idea a while back but didn't try it.
Are the brass spacers soldered together at the dovetail ?

Thanks everyone for the great comments!

Hey Dwayne, there is no solder. I just use epoxy. I have made knives like this for the past 5 years with no trouble of the spacer coming loose. As I am assembling the handle the bolster is already in place and pinned. Each spacer piece is seperetly inserted with epoxy and then the handle, & then I push it all togethor while making sure the spacers stay in place. Hope that helps.

Back