Let's get behind this rising Star !

Bill T

Hey Fellow Dogs , I saw in The Dog Run , that Big Ernie was laid off again . I joined this forum because I saw some good guys with skills , helping some good new guys . When I started 21 years ago I couldn't find any help either . That's why I give all the time and help I can to new Makers . Soooo , What I did was to ask Ernie to make me a knife . I figure the best way to help , is to encourage what may be his true calling . I believe in him , and I think alot of you other Dogs do too . So what do you say , I know I'm not the only one who thought his first knife was nice ! I know I'm not going to be the only one to help our Brother achieve his dream of being a Knifemaker , am I ? Now's the time to really show what makes the Dogs different from the rest ! One day you might kick yourself for not buying an early Ernie Swanson knife ! Could be History in the making ! With ALL respect for my fellow Dogs , Bill

Bill, Thank you for the little write up and the huge encouragement!!

Actually all the People on this site have been a huge encouragement to the beginning of my knifemaking career.

Bill I sent you a pm about the knife order!!!

Thanks
Ernie

Thanks Ernie , It's no problem . Actually , I'm very excited about getting your 1st true custom knife . Most of us makers collect as well , and this is the 1st time I've worked with a maker from inception on an order . I usually buy off a makers table . Gonna get me a Swanson Bowie !! I like the sound of that ! Thanks , Bill

Ernie,

I saw you started trying your hand at sheaths too. I am going to need a sheath for a knife I'm making for my Nephew soon. Are you interested? I'm not looking for anything fancy, just functional.

I have some 1080 and 1095 steel I can send you to keep you grinding for a while.

PM me if you are interested.

Thanks,

Ernie make a knife for the raffle. I will help you raffle it off. that way all of of have a chance at a big Ern knife...

Well I guess put me down for #2. cool 1

Ernie,

I saw you started trying your hand at sheaths too. I am going to need a sheath for a knife I'm making for my Nephew soon. Are you interested? I'm not looking for anything fancy, just functional.

I have some 1080 and 1095 steel I can send you to keep you grinding for a while.

PM me if you are interested.

Thanks,

Ernie make a knife for the raffle. I will help you raffle it off. that way all of of have a chance at a big Ern knife...

Pm sent to you three!!!

I must say this is very overwhelming for me. I already have been contacted to make 4 knifes.
I am so excited to get to work on something that I have a passion for.

I need to do a big thanks to KnifeDogs and everyone on this site!!!!!

Thank You!!!!

Ernie,
I have a small box of G-11 with your name on it, please PM me your address to go with it. Click the two links below to see what can be done with it.

Also this one:
Link

This is awsome.I think you all helping out a brother is just what we were put here on this earth to do.

God bless,Keith

Hey Ernie , Sending you the pattern I'd like you to make tomorrow . I have an extra copy of the Knives 2009 issue , so I'm gonna send you that as well . Maybe a few other goodies too . Lots of great pics in the book though , should keep your head swimming with ideas for awhile ! Thanks , Bill

Ernie, PM me with your address. I have a box of wood I would like to see go to a brother knifemaker. Handle material can be so expensive. I know when I started this journey there were so many of these same folks that helped me out. I would just like to pass that on.

Bing
MLazyB Custom Knives

Thanks bill for sending the issue, I look forward to getting the package.

Dave, I would love to have a waiting list like that, maybe in ten years.

MLazyB, Thanks, Pm sent.

Again thank you all to everyone on this site. Everyone has been a huge encouragement.

What a cool thing to see. Great to see people rally behind someone who could use a hand.
Ernie, I would be interested in getting one of your first knives as well.
Perhaps a nice skinner or drop point if you can add me to your schedule.
Many thanks,

Russell

What a cool thing to see. Great to see people rally behind someone who could use a hand.
Ernie, I would be interested in getting one of your first knives as well.
Perhaps a nice skinner or drop point if you can add me to your schedule.
Many thanks,

Russell

I can definetly add you to the list!!!

Pm sent!!

Picked some scales for you and will send them priority mail tomorrow Ernie.
Looking forward to seeing what you make of them.

Back