Knife Making Explained- TOOO FUNNY

Three Sisters Forge

Forum Owner-Moderator
TOO FUNNY

I was at my local bank to make a deposit. I hand over the checks and deposit slip, she goes through the usual, now some small talk.

Bank Lady: You are in here quite often, what do you do?
Jim: I’m a knife maker.
Bank Lady: I have never heard of such a thing, do you have an office or go to peoples homes?
Jim: I have a shop off the back of my house.
Bank Lady: Where on earth do you find customers / clients ?
Jim: Some word of mouth, I have a web site and shows.
Band Lady: They have shows for this ?
Jim: Very big shows, the one this April in Eugene will be 400+ displays and thousands attend.
Bank Lady: I am shocked !!
Jim: I make all kinds, some for kitchen use, hunting, and some guys just collect them.
Bank Lady: That is terrible, I can’t believe that goes on.

Big pause, well, I guess I’ll be going, see you next week (Very uncomfortable now). As I step away, I hear her mutter in a disgusted tone:

Imagine that, a business of wife making.

I stop dead; “What did you say? WIFE MAKING !! NOOOO, KNIFE MAKING !! “

She turns bright red and departs. I am laughing so hard there are tears streaming down my cheeks.

Wife making, hmmmmmmmm.
BIG032.gif

She was so perturbed with me, I didn't get it. I have never had that reaction. I was about to offer a card, but she seemed so mad. I can just see it "Here's my card, call me if you need one". WHACK!!

It's a good thing I didn't tell her how I heat em up, hit them with a hammer. Some I have to put in my 30 tom Claiborne press. Then I hand rub them to get them just right.

WHACK!!

And you trust this lady with your hard earned money! I would have called the bank manager and complained if I could have been sure I wouldn't wet myself!

LOL.... Not sure that is possible.

Any guy who is married would be crazy to actually collect them. Sometimes one is too many, although that one for kitchen use would great to have.

That brings to mind:
What is the definition of Bigamy?
That's having one wife to many.
What is the definition of Monogamy?
Same thing.

Back