Damascus & Blackwood Bowie

Steven Kelly

Forum Owner & Moderator
This is another one I have gotten finished up and am putting back to take to the Blade Show..

It is 13 3/4" AOL with an 8" blade from my "Smoke Screen" Damascus. The handle is African Blackwood. The guard & Butt cap are the same Damascus as the blade only reduced 3 times to give it a tighter pattern, then Nitre Blued to a almost black color.

Please let me know what youthink!!

Steve

Attachments

• DSCN0007-1.jpg
    DSCN0007-1.jpg
    30.3 KB · Views: 96
  • DSCN0009-1.jpg
    DSCN0009-1.jpg
    49.1 KB · Views: 45
I like it a lot. While I'm not normally a fan of really big damascus patterns the way your's sort of flows and ripples is special. The blackwood sets it off perfectly and what I can see of the guard pattern also seems to fit well.

sweetani.gif

Steve, I really like the lines, damascus pattern and especially the finger guard!

Very nice!

Steve
-------
Potomac Forge
-------
IN GOD WE TRUST

Thanks everyone for the compliments. I am really proud of this one. Everything turned out like I wanted it to..

Steve, that is outstanding. Everything works together perfectly and what a great looking gaurd. You hit one out of the park with that one. Denny

Steve that is totally awsome I love your work. That knife really has a good flow and the guard is really nice A+

Gorgeous piece!!! Reminds me a lot of Rob Hudson's work (and I definitely mean that as a compliment!)

Back