Two neck knives by my friend Torpen

cardoso5fr

I received lastly two cool neck knives by a French friend whose begin in knifemaking and he has skill. That's why i want to share it with you.

The two knives are full flat grind with convex sharpening. It's very sharp, it's strong and it's easy to re sharpen.

The handle is great for that size of knife, and for somebody with the long and fine finger as i have, that is perfect. Somebody with bear pawn would maybe have some problem to put two finger in the finger choil.
The handle take is good. It's almost a 4 finger handle :D and the small knot at the end give the extra place needed.

The knives are well completed, better than what i do :D.
The filework is simple but Torpen do some other very nice.

The start of the bevel is not perfect but my friend has no real grinder and work simply with a small belt grinder on the bench.

After more or less one month of use of those two knive, they are cool. They have had use mainly in the plate, and the edge is good for an XC75.

When i will have a better health i will do two small neck sheath (Torpen hadn't got ABS for sheath making, now he has :D) in order to be able to carry them easily.

The only "bad" point for me is the thickness. 4mm thick is just "too much" for a neck knife. But that is the material thickness he had in stock when he did the knife :D (that is the problem when you begin ;)).
The neck are ultra strong, i think you can put the blade in a tree and jump on it without broke the blade :D.

The blade are in XC75 and the handle in G10.

Great work my friend.

DSC08031.jpg

DSC08032.jpg

DSC08033.jpg

DSC08034.jpg

DSC08036.jpg

DSC08037.jpg

Back