"Build a Belt Grinder" Workshop

Wayne Coe

Forum Owner - Moderator
I was contacted concerning the "Build A Belt Grinder" workshop to be held May 6-7, 2010, at the New England School of Metalwork (www.newenglandscholofmetalwork.com) and thought that maybe I should respond here. The following is the questions asked and my response.

"Hi Wayne,
In regards to your May 6-7 class in Maine, are all materials/supplies necessary to build the grinder included in the $875 price? Nothing extra to buy?”

Yes, I will have the wheels, parts, motor, wire, switch. etc. We will start and clamp them together, then pass it on to the person assigned as the welder. After the frame is welded up we will start assembly. When we finish you will have a grinder ready to take home, plug in and go to work.
All you will need is to have a supply of belts to get going.

The school has just finished available "Bunkhouse" housing and there is a kitchen available. I think that you have to bring your sleeping bag and supply your own food, whether that is going out or you bring your food and prepare it there. Staying in the "Bunkhouse" costs $30.00 per night.

If you would like to discuss this with me further call me at 423-628-6444 or call Dereck Glazer at the school at 207-777-3375 Monday or later.

Back