I'm one Proud Hammerhead!!!

stabber

Knife Dealer Extraordinaire
I don't know why but today after forging out a nice recurve kinda fast and it came out pretty neat, I decided to forge out a Dagger:eek: I had no idea how to start but after a lot of bangin, tappin and cursing I got er done2thumbs

100_0467.jpg

100_0470.jpg

100_0466.jpg

This one I tweaked a bit and ruff ground it a bit more. She's lookin pretty good;)
Picture252-1.jpg

Picture253.jpg

Picture245.jpg

These 3 were HT'd by Jim Siska in his shop 2 weekends ago. we sure put some mileage on his two Bador's!!
Picture246.jpg

The twins!!
Picture248.jpg

Picture250.jpg

Picture252.jpg

huh1 Yes sir Pounder. It's not easy with no grinder and basically no tools. When I get to go to Indian George's, Mr Siska's Shop and Jan's shop I do what I can. At least when I finally get a grinder I'll have plenty to do2thumbs

come stay here for a week. I got grinders all over the place.

:eek:That would be awesome2thumbs Hopefully one day I can come out there for a visit;)

Nice work Stabby!! Looks like you been busy buddy.

Got to give you some respect...even though you dont have a grinder, your still out there poundin that steel!!2thumbs Thats dedication.

Keep it up Rickster.

ETA: Stone Brewery RULES....I am an Arrogant Bastage myself....;-)

Chris

Thanks Chris!! At least I'll have PLENTY to grind when I can get a grinder;)

Maybe I'll just forge them and send them to you for a grindin2thumbs

You're off to a good start. You'll wear out your grinder by the time you get all those blades finished.

Larry

LOL! Your right about that Larry! These carbon blades are tough to grind after the beatin n heatin. I even tried to anneal a couple, Seemed to soften them up a smidge??
Snowin hear today. I'm going to Pound a few more out!! Possibly another Dagger:eek: It was fun. This one I'll make wider starting with a bigger file(or Aldo's 1/4x1 1/2 1084;)

Thanks Gary, That pic sure goes with this Forum. That's a keeper!!;)

Thanks JMCNEES2thumbs

Stabber, I've looked at your pics a couple of times and thought I'd throw my .02 in here. It looks like you have those forge pretty close to finished shape and dimensions and the look pretty good. You could soak them overnight in vinegar to get the scale off and finish them with files and sandpaper. It seems like it would be a lot of work but you would be surprised how fast it goes and how much you will learn in the process. People made knives a long time before Tracy came up with the NWG.

Keep up the good work,
Carey

Back