Press Release: Knifemakers Guild Show

Mike Carter

For Immediate Publication

Gil Hibben, President of the Knifemakers’ Guild and Jay Hendrickson, President of the William F. Moran, Jr. Museum & Foundation, Inc. are pleased to announce the joining of these two organizations for the 41st Annual Knifemakers’ Guild Show to be held on September 17, 18 and 19, 2010, at the Seelbach Hilton Hotel, Louisville, Kentucky.

The members of the Knifemakers’ Guild will be displaying and selling their handmade art and working knives in the Medallion Ballroom of the Seelbach Hilton Hotel, while the William F. Moran Foundation members, as guests of the Knifemakers’ Guild, will be displaying and selling their hand forged knife creations in the Mezzanine Ballroom. Additionally, there will be a display of knives made by William F. “Bill” Moran, a pioneer of modern, hand forged, damascus knives.

Since Bill Moran was a Past President of the Knifemakers’ Guild, it is only fitting that the Guild and the organization named in Bill’s honor are coming together to produce a show that will grow to be the largest “custom only” knife show in the United States of America.

Please plan to attend this years’ Guild show and be a part of this history making event.

For information, please contact Gil Hibben at (502) 222-1397 or Jay Hendrickson at
(301) 663-6923.

I am sorry to say that the Moran Foundation has backed out of the Guild Show under pressure from some ABS members who felt that it would take away from teh ABS Expo in San Antonio.

This is terribly disappointing to me as I very much was looking forward to seeing the Moran Collection and having the foundation members as our guests at the show.

Back