New Clips!

Curtiss Knives

KD Founding Member #1, Knifemaker
This design is the Gavin and Grant Hawk "Grip Clip" that I modded "with permission" to fit my knives and improved a few things. The originals are 410 stainless and mine are all Ti. I made a die set to do the bends. I textured the thumb tab and added serrations on the grip end. They work great! Thanks for looking. cool 1

Attachments

• pics 037.jpg
    pics 037.jpg
    86.4 KB · Views: 49
  • pics 039.jpg
    pics 039.jpg
    86.4 KB · Views: 33
  • pics 040.jpg
    pics 040.jpg
    82.6 KB · Views: 29
  • pics 041.jpg
    pics 041.jpg
    90.5 KB · Views: 27
  • pics 042.jpg
    pics 042.jpg
    78.5 KB · Views: 24
Last edited:
Any chance of making something like this for leather sheaths? Pocket clip sheaths for smaller knives seem to be gaining popularity in my circles.

~Noah

Sure. I just need to know what they need to fit.

Well, I think that they would only need to be about the same size as currently available belt and pocket clips for leather sheaths that you can get from Tandy. About 1/2" wide with 1.5" to 2" of actual clip, and they normally have another 1/2" or 3/4" extending below that for a rivet.

~Noah

David if you are going to make leather clips I would prefer ones similar to what is on William Henry knives had on their pocket pouches BUT that will fit an 1 1/2 inch wide belt. There are a few of these still floating around but the inside of the clip is only 1 1/4 inch so can slide off a belt. My .02 cents

those are just insanely cool...

now picture Dave all day, working, stopping, taking that out of his pocket, flexing it a few times, big grin, putting it back in his pocket, twice, repeat in 30 minutes...

those are just insanely cool...

now picture Dave all day, working, stopping, taking that out of his pocket, flexing it a few times, big grin, putting it back in his pocket, twice, repeat in 30 minutes...

quite right...

now picture Dave all day, working, stopping, taking that out of his pocket, flexing it a few times, big grin, evil giggle, putting it back in his pocket, twice, repeat in 30 minutes...

Back