My first website

F

Frank Fischer

Finally got this ball rollin, its still in progress, but its funtional. Things I'm working on now are, a seperate photo gallery, an available knives page and I think it needs to be a bit brighter. Tell me what you think, I'd love some feedback!

www.FrankFischerKnives.com

It looks good Frank. I don't think it's too dark. I could see everything just fine.

Like your knives too.

Larry

Frank,

What software or site did you use to put this together?

I might be able to offer some pointers.

Frank,

Awesome that you taking the next step in your knifemaking !

I agree with you that the back round is a little dark. I like the the fact that it is dark and easy on the eyes and possibly just lightening it a few shades will do the trick (?)

I think the .44mag wall paper is cool but gets a little distracting while scrolling down your "knives" page. I'd certainly keep it at the top of the page but I'd at least try it with a solid backround which will help bring you knives to foucs by limiting distraction.

Sounds like you've got a great plan for where your going with your site. It would be AWESOME if you had a shop tour on your site ! However it would probably take a year just to get pics of it all, LOL

Looking good so far, Josh

Frank,

I would reduce the size of the background so the page tiles smoother (See attached file) and is easier on the eyes.

I would center the page, use bold white letters on the menu bar for greater contrast, and change the page titles to include your company name.

I think I would go with Arial or Veranda for the font also as they are clearer and easier to read.

An "About Me" page also makes it more personal and makes customers feel they can trust you. Keep it clean and focused.

Just my
twocents.gif

Please feel free to shoot me an e-mail if I can help.

Rock

Attachments

• frankback.jpg
    frankback.jpg
    37.4 KB · Views: 13
The site looks very nice Frank. Just needs some more knife pics ;)

Wow, thanks! Yahoo site builder is what I use, I haven't figured out how to maximize the page width, when I'm in the sitebuilder program I only see one row of the background pics... I can't seem to edit the 30% of the page to the right, its just not there (in the editor)

Nice web site I like the black background and that folding fillets knife is just what I need its the nicest I've seen ill start saving
Clint

Frank,

Nice start on the website. I agree with adding the about me page, and minimiziing the background on the knives page

Nice web site I like the black background and that folding fillets knife is just what I need its the nicest I've seen ill start saving
Clint

Clint, if you like how it looks you should try out that folding fillet knife!! It rocks 2thumbs

Keep up the good work Frank ;)

One thing I'd add to the above suggestions is "Frank Fischer Knives" instead of "Home" for the page name, so when people add it to their list of favorites, it doesn't just say Home...

Back