How is this done?

I may be way off but I think I've seen balls like that before. If it is like what I've seen it is a firm rubber ball filled with a liquid of some sort. When you spin the ball the liquid inside spins but you can stop the "shell". It gives the ball a sort of centrifugal balance. No doubt though, the guy is a really good illusionist.

I think Greg nailed it though. Lots of practice.

SDS

I have seen this done in person. They use a crystal or glass ball and there is no trickery or slight-of-hand. It is just skill, talent and practice. The weight of the ball helps in the manipulation.

Now I'm going to tell my age. One of the character actors used to did this on the Summer Brothers Smouthers Show back in the late '60s. He did it with three to five balls. The stage was dark, he was all dressed in black, except his face and hands and bright light on the balls. Really something. I hope that I can find a video on it for you.

If you want to see more of this do a Google search or a youtube search for crystal ball illusion or crystal ball juggling or contact juggling.
I didn't find the one I was looking for but there are a lot of good ones. I did watch one young guy in black doing three.

Many, many, many years ago, while in the USMC(yes I was actually a U.S. Marine!) stationed in Hawaii, I went to a party in a Honolulu high rise. While there, this guy picked up a walking cane and proceeded to levitate it.

now that I've lost half of you....

This display continued with the can being passed through the air and around a person and back to the guy.... repeatedly.... with multiple people.... including myself.

From that point on I have believed in UFO's, Bigfoot, Nessie, and that some people can actually do strange and seemingly impossible things. That's how I see this type of thing.

Half my brain knows that there really is a "trick" to it, but the other half just stairs in awe at a feat of mystical power

Back