Knife #8a Finished - First of three

Erin Burke

Some of you may have followed THIS WIP over in the Shop Talk sub-forum, but for those who haven't... this is Knife #8a. It is the first of three of this design.

4336127414_af82bfbb52_o.jpg

4336127568_0ecaefaa7c_o.jpg

What do y'all think?

Erin

Erin, that knife turned out great! I had never seen a guard made that way before and wondered how it would come out but you sure knew what you were doing. There is no doubt that Steve will love it. Please tell him that an old Marine wishes him well during his tour and that I thank him for all his years of service to our country.

I had never seen a guard made that way before and wondered how it would come out but you sure knew what you were doing.

Yeah... I believe that Stacy first gave me the idea for a saddle guard back on July 13th of 2009 at 3:30am. Which makes me wonder... is Stacy a real person or some sort of computer AI that monitors the forums 24-7 to answer newbie questions? Hmmmm... suspicious. huh1

Here is a photo of the back of the saddle guard. No, the handle isn't lopsided... it's just an artifact of the blade angle and the photo lighting.
4341878526_1377221493_o.jpg

Erin

Erin, That knife turned out really nice. I like the saddle guard and the use of the mosaic pins. Good job.

Larry

Thanks for the kind words all. Hopefully I'll be meeting with one of our esteemed local makers in the next couple of weeks and finally learn how to make sheaths for these things. :D

Erin

Back