Desert ironwood and pewter

Geoff bosworth

Hi folks, this is the latest creation to come outa the workshop, ive been playing with new ideas to decorate the tang.
The scales are good old ironwood with pewter liners2thumbs

ironwoodandpewter108.jpg

I used some magenta coloured epoxy on the front
ironwoodandpewter108.jpg

ironwoodandpewter092.jpg

ironwoodandpewter091.jpg

Arrow filework down the spine
ironwoodandpewter116.jpg

This was a pita to do, it reminds me of medieval times
ironwoodandpewter124.jpg

Cheers for looking folks, good health

Geoff.

Last edited:
That may be the best looking filled filework I've ever seen. With the liners it looks more like enamel than epoxy. I also really like the rest of the knife.

That is very nice! At first when you said magenta I dreaded seeing it but once I did it actually works very well together.

The file work is very well done. I like the "medieval" looking touch. Bet that was hard to do.

Charlie

Oh my!!

Oh my, oh my, oh my!!

Well, there goes the old standard. Sir, that is well done and not just the insane file work. I love the blade... it just begs to be taken camping.

But that file work.... wow!

That is very nice! At first when you said magenta I dreaded seeing it but once I did it actually works very well together.

The file work is very well done. I like the "medieval" looking touch. Bet that was hard to do.

Charlie
Hi ya charlie, my other half bought me one of those magnification head shields for christmas, bless her2thumbs i couldnt have done it without it, it got 4 lenses of different strenghths, great bit of kit.

Geoff.

Back