Web Hosting Recommendations?

• Thread starter J.McDonald Knives
  • Start date
J

J.McDonald Knives

Looking to start up a web site for my knife making and was looking for recommendations and price as well as links to them so that I can check out their plans. Thanks guys and gals.

I have about a dozen websites including my own and several that I manage for others hosted at Total Choice Hosting. I have used them for years with virtually no downtime. They have fully loaded plans with SQL databases, unlimited email addresses, traffic stats, forums, shopping carts, and much more starting at $44 per year.

This is not a cookie-cutter host with templates to build your website. They provide the hosting and back-end service but you will be on your own to create and maintain the website. If you know HTML, PHP or have a website authoring package like Front Page I highly recommend Total Choice.

See http://www.totalchoicehosting.com

Edited to add: I just checked and TCH has now added web design services for a fee if you don't want to do it yourself. They also now have some web design template applications available free with hosting but I have not looked at them.

Last edited:
I also have hostmonster.com and have never had a problem with them but don't let any hosting company give you a free domain name, buy it yourself. When you sign up with a company offering a free domain name, they own that name and if you want to move on to another company they won't let you take the name with you..... well maybe for a price :)

It pays to compare. Make sure you look at storage, transfer, and e-mail accounts. If you are hoping for a busy web site, rather than just an on-line presence, brochure, or gallery, it really matters.

Les' point is very important!

Last edited:
Thanks guys. I got a good hunting buddy who all I gotta do is ask and he will build me a site for free. Besides he owes me big time for all the help I gave him over the years.

WWW.ATLANTAVIRTUAL.COM

AV is one of the best out there (I tried several others over the years) and they are a knifemakers host - they are the owner/operators of a sister forum www.knifenetwork.com as well as lots of knife sites - the owner Alex is a knife geek as well and when you need help he is there for you........

Don't see how you can beat godadd for hosting. 150 GB Space | 1,500 GB Transfer
500 Email Accounts, and 25 MySQL Databases for 6.99 a month or cheaper when you pay for a year or two at a time. Or 14.99 for unlimited space and data transfer.

Yahoo Small Business. $29.95 / month, 1,000 email addresses but unlimited storage and bandwidth.

MySQL databases, PHP, and some other stuff I don't bother with.

Back