Celtic Fighter / Leather

Three Sisters Forge

Forum Owner-Moderator
13" OAL, Multiple cable billet, Pewter Castings, Stag. Just got the leather back, copied the Celtic detail on the trim for the sheath. Dragon casting on butt.

Enjoy, comments Welcome.

Attachments

• DSC_0017.jpg
    DSC_0017.jpg
    97.6 KB · Views: 120
  • DSC_0016.jpg
    DSC_0016.jpg
    95.7 KB · Views: 152
  • DSC_0018.jpg
    DSC_0018.jpg
    97.3 KB · Views: 208
Is that freehand design on the sheath? Or do you have stencils,if so where do you get them.
That looks great.
Jerry

I really like that knife. Can you show more detail of the handle? It sure looks good. Nice lines, beautiful stag and a gorgeous sheath. What a winning combination.

Pat

Celtic Dragon- More Pictures

Here are some more close ups.

Enjoy

Attachments

• DSC_0035.jpg
    DSC_0035.jpg
    32.9 KB · Views: 30
  • DSC_0031.jpg
    DSC_0031.jpg
    54.7 KB · Views: 30
  • DSC_0037.jpg
    DSC_0037.jpg
    94.9 KB · Views: 26
Pewter

Pewter works well for me. The casting temperature is low (600) and the color, texture goes well with the textures in my forge. I do almost everything by hand, stones, files. Love working with cable, damascus and the hand forged textures. Some of my work looked fake, too finished. We went back to old ways, now it looks and feels special. Having fun.

A little taste.

Attachments

• DSC_0025.jpg
    DSC_0025.jpg
    98 KB · Views: 15
  • DSC_0022.jpg
    DSC_0022.jpg
    38.2 KB · Views: 10
Pewter

Thank you. Not bad for time. I usually lay 3-4 projects out, wax, invest. Burn out and cast the next day. Tunes on, coffee and very ugly doge close by.

Wow. You carved out that dragon and ferrule weave in a day? And that was just one knife. You do a few of them in a day! Even in wax that's some doing! Will you share some of your secrets with us someday?!
picture.php

Wow. You carved out that dragon and ferrule weave in a day? And that was just one knife. You do a few of them in a day! Even in wax that's some doing! Will you share some of your secrets with us someday?!
picture.php

No secrets, let me know what you what. Is this an opportunity to go through this step by step ?

I would love to see a tutorial on your Pewter work, there are a few very basic casting tutorials out there, but I would love to see how you go the extra step of casting the designs into the pewter... It would surely be the best pewter tutorial out there...
Thanks for sharing,
Chris

Pewter works well for me. The casting temperature is low (600) and the color, texture goes well with the textures in my forge. I do almost everything by hand, stones, files. Love working with cable, damascus and the hand forged textures. Some of my work looked fake, too finished. We went back to old ways, now it looks and feels special. Having fun.

A little taste.

Extraordinary work...going back to the Old Ways gives this knife incredible character.
It looks as if it has a couple hundred years worth of stories to tell!
And the leather work is stunning...

Back