Not a knife but it is custom...custom cane that is

Ltwtcmdr

I have toyed with this idea for a few years now. In fact even promised to make one for a friend a couple years back, but never got around to getting the fixturing done to make it happen. Well I finally got my ass in gear, especially since with my deteriating back may necessitate one, and this is the result.

The cane is 100% machined from a solid block of G10/FR4. The diameter of the rod is 7/8" for most of it's length, tapering to 1/2" for it's last 12".
Height from top of crook to tip is 36". Width inside the crook is 6". overall weight is 25.6 ounces. This was designed dual-fold, first to be fully functionally as a walking aid and secondly to be used as a defensive weapon. Luckily the design parameters overlap to a large extent.

The cane is very stout but weight is still at a very manageable level. I increased the width inside the crook of the cane more than standard to allow for better trapping/snagging. It is actually designed to go around a person's neck, a tactical cane guru clued me into that detail. I added two sections of grasping grooves. they allow the cane to be easily controlled from either end or used as a short jo. And make no mistake this baby could beat a grizzly bear to death

I have a few crappy pics but please give your thoughts and opinions of the design/execution.

Thanks,
Keith

Attachments

• CANE-1.JPG
    CANE-1.JPG
    60.9 KB · Views: 39
  • CANE-2.JPG
    CANE-2.JPG
    27.8 KB · Views: 33
  • CANE-3.JPG
    CANE-3.JPG
    37.9 KB · Views: 24
  • CANE-4.JPG
    CANE-4.JPG
    57 KB · Views: 36
  • CANE-5.JPG
    CANE-5.JPG
    45.3 KB · Views: 20
Keith, that's a very interesting cane. In G-10 it should be pretty tough! You mention your back. Are you using a cane at this time?

David

Back