PALAVER 2 - New Design!

Jarrettknives

PALAVER 2

800Palaver-2-Left-Profile-RW-MOD.jpg

This is a new design just out of the Jarrett Knives shop. It’s the new, Palaver 2 – this one in buffalo horn.

The Palaver was designed in response to a discussion with a professional hunting guide about how he uses knives in cold weather...specifically for field dressing, skinning, and camp chores while wearing gloves. He wanted a nice wide blade and a recessed handle to make it easy to control and safe to use when your hands are cold. Now of course I made certain that it was 100% comfortable with or without gloves for year ‘round use. He tested four of them this past season and loved them. He claims that they are all he's going to order for his guys for next year’s hunting season.

The Palaver 2 is the same profile as the original, but the guide I spoke with also wanted to try one with finger choils to see if that added extra control.

800Palaver-2-Left-Handle.jpg

The way that they turned out, I think of them as “finger ledges” instead. This knife has a truly unique and ultra comfortable
handle design. I like both the original and this newer version – I can’t really say which one is more comfortable or controllable.
Stay tuned - I'll be posting an original Palaver (palm swell, no finger choils) in Jigged Buffalo horn tomorrow 2/1/10

800Palaver-2-Spine.jpg

A nice tapered tang for great balance in the hand.

800Palaver-2-in-sheath.jpg

Note: I've posted this piece in a few locations online so the first "I'll take it” gets it based on timestamp. A reply here precedes PM’s and emails.

SPECS

OAL: 9 ¼”
Blade: 4 1/2” Flat Grind; 59RC; 5/32” thick; tapered tang
Blade Steel: 1095 High Carbon Steel, differentially heat treated
File Work: N/A
Handle: Polished Water Buffalo
Bolsters: Polished 416 Stainless Steel
Pins: 416 Stainless Steel
Sheath: : 6-7oz. Premium tooling leather by maker; moderately tooled; brown, for right hand carry

$265 on “the other forum”, but I’m having a Grand Opening Sale/JarrettKnives Forum Kick Off here on KnifeDogs with a -$25.00 discount for pack members … resulting in a $240 price tag here on KnifeDogs.com! ; includes sheath and Priority Shipping and insurance in the continental U.S.

International sales are very welcome but they must pay the exact shipping costs.

Paypal: paypal@jarrettknives.com

Thanks for taking a look. Please check out my web site as well.

CustomSignatureBarHD.png

Full Time Maker
Member of the Professional Knifemakers Association
www.jarrettknives.com

Are you a Dawg yet?

Be sure to check out the new Jarrett Knives Forum

Stop by my table at
The A.G. Russell Knife Event

Last edited:
Wayne,
Nice looking knife and I am sure someone will like it a lot

Redwing

Thanks Tom! Since you own 6 of my knives now; you're well aware that I make working knives. Don't let that pretty face fool you.

The original style (Palaver in buffalo horn) sold this afternoon from my forum posting. But that's good news for the buyer of this knife. It means that this buyer gets to call the shots on the sheath. The pouch style sheath pictured in this thread went with the previous knife, so they get to decide on pouch or pancake; right or left hand carry; and color... black, medium or dark brown, or my classy two-tone with a medium brown body and black border. My sheath designs can be seen on my website if anyone is curious as to the other styles I do. I can even add some tooling if they like.

BTW - I'm loving being part of the pack!!! Aaaaoooooooo!hello there

CustomSignatureBarHD.png

Full Time Maker
Member of the Professional Knifemakers Association
www.jarrettknives.com

Are you a Dawg yet?

Be sure to check out the new Jarrett Knives Forum

Stop by my table at
The A.G. Russell Knife Event

Last edited:
Wayne
Great looking knife.

I cant agree more on getting a knife into a working hunting guides hands!
I had a friend of mine who guides out of Utah. His favorite knife was a Case "Buffalo Skinner" The handles had been chewed off by a critter one night in camp, and had been replaced with several layers of duck and electrical tape. When I asked whey he didnt get a "Good" knife, he stated that this style was his favorite and he couldnt find anything else to his liking.

When I got home, I purchased a "Buffalo Skinner" to use as a loose pattern, and forged him my version of that knife from 52100, as well as a small caping scaple. Both got some old Elk antler tines I had and a double carry sheath. He loved it!

To my suprise I recived 2 phone calls and 3 other letters requesting a set of knives "Like Scott's"

I really enjoy knowing my knives get used and used hard, a working guide counts on His knife as a tool, they can give you some very valuable input on design and function.

God Bless
Mike

Back