I gotz me some autos...

Clydetz

Buck 110 Collector and Casper's best friend
I love 'em but don't EDC 'em. Productions, customs and customized...

DSCN5643.jpg

DSCN5630.jpg

how many buck conversions do you have Gary? and what is a typical price for a converted 110?

I managed to collect a total of 14 Buck auto conversions: (5) 110's; (7) 112's; (1) 560; & (1) 500. They ranged in price from $130 on up to $520 for a fancy 112 with fossil walrus scales, engraved bolsters and file work.

Typical price for a plain rosewood scaled, brass bolstered, converted 110... can probably still be found out there for around $130.

Thats a great collection. I've heard the buck 110 can be converted. Is there a kit somewhere? It would be really interesting to me to see one taken apart. hint hint.

It really is a shame that the knives go unused. I think every knife I buy, I buy with the intention of it being a user... but it never makes it very far out of the case. Such a shame because I have some Microtechs I'd love to carry.

Thats a great collection. I've heard the buck 110 can be converted. Is there a kit somewhere? It would be really interesting to me to see one taken apart. hint hint.

Sorry Bruce... I have one auto converted 110 that has screws rather than rivets and I'd just be afraid I'd take the screws out and everything would go 'sproing'! :D

clydetz, i really like your knives.

and your dog is such a nice creature, i am sure he is a wonderful companion.

Almost any folder could theoretically be converted, just need room for the spring,and the lock. Coil or leaf.

clydetz, i really like your knives.

and your dog is such a nice creature, i am sure he is a wonderful companion.

:running dog: If I was to rate the dogs I've had, Casper would be up near the very top.

jlowe2 said:
does Casper have a favorite auto?:running dog:

His favorite knife is actually a bone handled fixed blade. 2thumbs

Looks like you have a nice TBark model in there, is it an automatic?
I have a cool 2 blade scale release he made for me awhile back.

Scott

I picked this Tbark up from a friend and yes it's a neat little scale release auto.

004-7.jpg

006-6.jpg

Beautiful collection Gary. The new Blade has an article where a lady who is a representative and an EMT is trying to get auto's legalized. It would be great to be able to EDC one, and it makes no sense at all not having that be legal. I'm assuming that's why you don't use one daily. For sure I would if I could. In any event, pat your pup for me and enjoy those great knives!
Bob

Nice collection.
But, you need some Leverlettos!

You are quite right, Bill! 2thumbs I came close with this old 7" auto from Spain but it sure ain't no Leverletto! ;)

019-3.jpg

One of the last I added to the auto collection was this Pro-Tech in 154-CM...

026-1.jpg

medit8 said:
...It would be great to be able to EDC one, and it makes no sense at all not having that be legal. I'm assuming that's why you don't use one daily. For sure I would if I could. In any event, pat your pup for me and enjoy those great knives!
Bob

Got you covered on both accounts, Bob! :D :running dog:

Back