Be aware

JAWilliams

KNIFEMAKER
I felt this needs to be in the main forum. I have recieved two notices about packages that needed adress verification. It was supposed to be UPS. I called them because I could not open them with my phone. There was no packages to be delivered!!!!!!!!!

BE CAREFUL about this. I was told it most likely was a virus or looking to see when you would be home for delivery and then you are robbed.

Please if you don't know of a package that is coming to you call and verify it with UPS.

James

It wasn't me!

I just wanted to say that so there was no speculation---ever.

I do have a lot of your addresses but I would never give them out, or use them for anything other than the MITH.

I know I was not being accused but I thought I would just let you all know!!

It wasn't me!

I just wanted to say that so there was no speculation---ever.

I do have a lot of your addresses but I would never give them out, or use them for anything other than the MITH.

I know I was not being accused but I thought I would just let you all know!!

Ernie please calm down. What has happened is that someone is doing what they call fishing. They send out random emails and texts stating different things. Out of the 1000 or so someone will call or text their information back. I call UPS directly and asked them if they sent it. They checked under my name and address and didn't have anything to deliver to me. It is a big money scam and robbery.

If you receive something that doesn't sound right do as Bill and I have done. Check with the company first. Save time and most likely your home.

In my experience Ups, Fedex and the post office will try to reach you by phone first.
I know this because when I moved to my present address, it had to be created fresh and as a result I got these calls from all three agencies and every time the put on a new driver I still get a call.

Dang J, Earnie's a little paranoid ain't he. LOL

It's good advice man. Never respond to any unsolicited email no matter how legitimate it looks. Legitimate business never contact you that way.

They already have your info and they don't loose it or care if they do!

By the way Ernie...I have neighbors and they watch my place. LOL

I got a similar last year purporting to be from Western Union - even had a WU "sender" - I phoned them and was told categorically that they do not contact recepients by email. Scam!

Every time I use craiglist to sell something or advertise my website, I get all kinds of spamers trying to get me to do something stupid. They are always coming up with new scams. mo money

I use the LINUX OS and cant get a virus . But have a friend down here in Louisiana call me about this very same scam . UPS told him it had a nasty virus with it .

Back