First knife with new grinder

Keith Willis

This is my first almost finished knife with my NWG.The others are almost ready for handles.I am very slow with everything that I do,since I had my 4th back surgery,and in turn have permanant nerve damage,I just don't move very fast.

I will say,Since switching from a 4x36 Craftsman to the NWG,it's like having to start all over,but it's been a great learning experience.
Tell me what you all think.

God bless,Keith

Sorry guys,I think I cleaned out my storage,and deleted that pic also.Hope ya'll will look again.

God bless,Keith

Attachments

• 040.jpg
    040.jpg
    92 KB · Views: 87
Last edited:
I know what you are going through . I have had one lower back and just had my second major neck surgery. I think they are sending me for my third soon had my mri last saturday. Your knives look good by the way. kellyw

Man Keith, if you were grinding with a 4x36 you must be on cloud nine right now!

You've got the determination to make knives if you'd do that for sure.

Way to go! And by the way...slow and steady wins the race. ;~)

Congrats on the new grinder. I'm building mine slowly, trying to get a little bit done every evening after the girls go to sleep.

I may be missing something but I don't see any pictures.

Charlie

Congrats on your NWG! I know when I switched from my 2x42 Dayton to my Coote it was the best thing ever. Cant imagine an NWG as an upgrade:D

Your blades sound great but I must be going blind in my old age?

I used to think that a 4X36" sander with grinding belts was a good substitute for a real belt grinder until I got my Coote. Died and gone to heaven would be a bit of an overstatement; won a million dollar lottery would have been more like it. Now my advise to newbies is to try it if you have one of those sanders, but if not, stick with draw filing and apply the purchase price of the 4X36 towards getting a real grinder.

Doug Lester

Keith, That almost finished knife is looking pretty good. Congatulations on building your NWG, the last of the parts came in for mine today. Post your finished knives.

Larry

That sounds good Larry.Now get started,you'll be glad you did.Good luck on your build.

Do you have your motor yet?What size?Is it VS

Back