My latest Dagger

Josh Dabney

This is my latest completed knife, # 11.

This is the third dagger I've made in this pattern

Knife-
3 3/4" ATS-34 SS hand sanded to 500 grit.
Ivory Micarta scales with inlayed Ruger Emblem and KK initials scrimshawed
Tapered tang and Black fiber liners
416 SS pins

KK2022.jpg

KK2023.jpg

KK2026.jpg

KK2027.jpg

KK2028.jpg

KK2029.jpg

KK2030.jpg

Let me know what you guys think

Thanks, Josh

Last edited:
Having seen and held this one in person, I can say I'm real proud of Josh and he did a fine job.Dave2thumbs

Looks very nice Josh. Very clean looking and even grinds and nice looking tapered tang. -Burton

Josh - Nice work! I was particulary pleased to see the "Sturm Ruger" escutcheon set into the scale. I had the wonderful chance to meet Bill Ruger some time ago at a private club. What a wonderful gentleman. Too, I am fortunate to know and shoot with Russ Sturm. Russ, my son and I just finished work on my son's Pinewood Derby car for Scouts. The car ran well and, believe or not was completely legal, (if you knew Russ Sturm, that is quite an accomplishment).

Anyway, I know this is a knife board, but since you have that Ruger dagger, I thought you might like to see my favorite Ruger. It's a Blackhawk conversion by David Clements and desert ironwood "1 1/2 - piece" grips by Larry Caudill (meaning the right side grip panel does not show the screw fastener). The gun is a 5-shot, .475 Linebaugh with a 4 5/8" heavy barrel. It accompanies me when fly fishing or hiking in bear country. Full power loads are quite an experience, but really not too bad for an experienced shooter. I love the performance of slightly reduced loads with around 420 grains of hard cast lead at around 1000 to 1100 fps; these are enough for anything in North America and is what I had the gun built to shoot. Something is very satisfying about being able to sling an ounce of lead with precision from such a tidy package.

Very best regards and very nice knife!

P1240086.jpg

P1240087.jpg

Redleg155,

Great Ruger ! There's just something amazing about custom firearms. I could never just leave mine stock although never going as far as re-chambering.

The knife was intended to match with a Birdshead .32 H&R for this fellas cowboy action persona.

This is his second dagger. The first was 1095 and walnut with a boot sheath to go with a case hardened and blued ruger.

Thanks for the comments fellas,

-Josh

Hi Josh. Another Beautiful dagger there! Even grind lines, pins flush with handle, looks like a wicked concealment blade. Looks kinda familiar,too. lol. M.

Back