Stellite 6K and Ti Slipjoint

Curtiss Knives

KD Founding Member #1, Knifemaker
This knife is my first official slippy! This one is going to a dear friend of mine that has helped me a lot. He is a knifemaker and a very good one. He made me my first custom knife just to be nice. He says he doesn't have a knife he carries because he always sold them. Mr. Glen Dykes, you now have a knife. I hope you enjoy it as much as I did making it for you. This is my design of a semi-tactical swayback. I used Stellite 6K for the blade. The knife is 3.75" closed. And of course I had to do some waterjet TAC-Ti™ to it. It has bronze washers, 3/16" pivot and lays center. I have to say it was a challenge, but I will be doing more like this soon. Thanks for looking. cool 1
attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php

Attachments

• pics 001.jpg
    pics 001.jpg
    94.5 KB · Views: 137
  • pics 003.jpg
    pics 003.jpg
    93.9 KB · Views: 144
  • pics 004.jpg
    pics 004.jpg
    92.7 KB · Views: 138
  • pics 005.jpg
    pics 005.jpg
    97.7 KB · Views: 132
  • pics 007.jpg
    pics 007.jpg
    96.8 KB · Views: 133
More pics.
attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php

Attachments

• pics 008.jpg
    pics 008.jpg
    90.5 KB · Views: 125
  • pics 009.jpg
    pics 009.jpg
    95.6 KB · Views: 125
  • pics 010.jpg
    pics 010.jpg
    89.8 KB · Views: 122
  • pics 011.jpg
    pics 011.jpg
    92.6 KB · Views: 120
I wasn't overly fond of the hole in the blade , until I saw it closed. Nice !

Stellite ? Screw construction ? thumbhole ? You might have angered the slip joint gods ;)

I like it , nicely done and very different. 1/2 stop too ?

it's a tactical slippy...Dave had told me he was working on that and he nailed. He has some cool new styles and looks that no one else is doing that I have seen.

That is very nice looking. Don't see too many tac-slippies. Very cool.

Thanks David I really appreciate it. It is kind of funny I never owned a custom made knife for myself . Guess I am going to have to retire my Rough Rider .

I received the knife today and was really impressed. The pictures as in so many cases does not do the knife justice . And folks this is David's first slip joint . Thanks again its kind of humbling after 28 years of this its a first for me to be given a custom knife .

David IMHO it looks aged and to me that is very sweet. As if has been used for many many years showing someone really liked it. Very Cool.

Back