Vista or Windows 7

L

Larry B.

My computer runs on Vista which I am happy with. I received an upgrade DVD from HP with Windows 7 but I am hesitant to change. Anyone have any experience with both of them that can offer some advice.

Larry

I am running 7 on a couple of PC's (I have several with the web site business I am in). I really like it. It just seems much friendlier. The task bar on the bottom alone is almost worth the upgrade. Connecting to a network with Vista was insanely hard. With 7, it is stunningly easy. If you have to manipulate files often, get 7 based on that alone.

I just bought Nadine a new pc for her birthday which is an almost exact duplicat of mine. The only difference is mine has Vista where hers has 7. I wish she would trade me. Vista is ok, but no where near as friendly as 7.

Just got a new laptop that is running 7, much better than Vista. Although it seems familiar, It really almost feels like a Mac.

vista is difficult to use ,win 7 is simple easy and tiddy.but I had problem with run my old cannon scanner driver.also my cell phone driver too,it work fine on windows XP but canot work on win 7...anyway I think XP is classic .

vista ate my last computer, but that wont happen with 7. There were so many extra processes running with vista that it burned out the fan and overheated. 7 is much more simply programmed, is faster, and smoother.

Windows 7 has its problems, but those are mostly because they moved everything around and it is difficult for XP users to adjust at first (in my opinion, anyway). That said, Vista is the new Windows ME--it is a horrible chunk of code, and Microsoft is going to pretend like they never made it :p

~Noah

I'm still sitting with the windows 7 update disc as I am still using Vista. It seems to work very well as when I set up my computer I deleted all the crap I didn't need. For my needs I am happy with it.
I probably will update anyway when I get around to it.:D

Back