2009 Knifemakers Guild Show Pictures

Mike Carter

I finally posted a photo review of the 2009 Knifemakers Guild Show. I witheld posting them until now becuase Blade Magazine was going to use some of them with my review I wrote for them and they want first publication rights. Blade finally published the article so I posted my photos on one of my websites.

Take a look at 2009 Knifemakers Guild Show

Warning: There are about 150 pictures so if you have dial-up it will take a while to load.

WOW!! Talk about a lot of eye candy! Looks like it was a great show. I noticed a few folks in the crowd that were pretty noteworthy too.

Thank you for sharing the pictures. That had to take awhile to load all of those pictures.

SDS

Wow! Talk about beautiful knives, sure intimidates a so -so knifemaker like me. I would go crazy at a knife show like that. It's been awhile since I've attended a knife show here in Ohio.

Thanks for posting the show Mike.

Larry

Wow! Talk about beautiful knives, sure intimidates a so -so knifemaker like me. I would go crazy at a knife show like that. It's been awhile since I've attended a knife show here in Ohio.

Thanks for posting the show Mike.

Larry

Yes, doing a show like that can be quite humbling and inspirational at the same time. It is great to meet and talk with all of the other knifemakers and I always come away better educated about making knives.

Thanks for the compliments on the photos everybody. A lot of the credit goes to Edmund Davidson who shot a lot of them.

I don't know how anybody gets that many knives made up, that is not sold. OR are they sold and just showing them?
I have tried & tried to get 10-12 made up to get in a show and can't
do it. [never been a show]
Jerry

Appreciate the time and effort you put into taking the pictures and getting them posted here with your narrative! My head is still spinning from seeing all those shiny, pointed objects... amazing! cool 1

For a lot of makers, this is THE show and they make knives just for this show. They went home and started working on next years show knives. It much the same with the Blade Show. If you are going to sell high dollar knives, or a bunch of knives, a show like that is where you will do it. I have already started on a couple for next years show.

I saw several collectors buying a lot there. I know of one collector who bought at least a dozen knives including 6 of mine. I know another collector who dropped over $30k at last years Guild Show. A lot of us look at it like the Super Bowl of shows for handmade knives and we want to bring our best. If you win an award at the Guild Show, you know you did it against some of the best there is. Several hundred years of knifemaking experience is represented in that room. Also, some of the sponsored awards come with a nice cash prize.

Thanks a lot for posting those pics, Mike. I kick myself for not going to the show. I will this year for certain.

I just read your article in Blade this morning. Nice job.

Thanks for taking us on the tour.

Carey

Thanks. I wish the Blade article could have been a little more timely but with number of shows to cover at that time of year we just had to wait our turn.

Back