A guy I work with is a retired military

A.W.Stovall

And has a orange camillas automatic knife he said was government issue to air force pilots. he is 64 so it was probably late 60's early 70's what is the value of these knive Iwill take pics and post them later

I have seen these sell for around $100 in decent shape. The hook blade was used to cut your parachute cords if you had to punch out.

I grew up in an Air Force town. A few of my friends in High School had them, and as I remember they were not very well made. We thought they were cool because they were automatics.

I've been active duty AF for 25 yrs, and started flying in 1989. I was issued the orange knife and still have it...brand new. I never liked it, and thought the quality was lacking. Today, there are so many great production choices that are easily purchased depending on your AFSC, but a few us choose to carry our customs exclusively.

It was actually suppose to be carried in the flight suit knife pocket on the inside of the left leg. The nylon lanyard is still standard issue inside the flight suit.

I wouldn't give over $20 for one...but that's me. That said, I won't sell mine either. I carry my custom aircrew fixed blade there, instead of a fat folder.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back