Look What I got from the 1st annaul KD's MITH

Ernie Swanson

SASSY PINK LUUNCHBOX KNIFE MAKER
This is a place to post pics and/or brag of what you got from the 1st Annual Knifedogs MITH giveaway!!!
Also you can thank the sender of your package!!

Some packages were sent out today, so it shouldn't be long before we can see some pics!!

Thanks for everyone who signed up, it was fun!!!

I just shipped one package off and recieved another a couple hours later from Delbert Ealy. You can cross us off the mystery list.

THANK YOU DEL !!!!!!!!!!
I just opened up the package and found a 3/16"x 1-5/8"x 9-1/2" bar of lovely random damascus . O-1 and L-6, Great looking stuff. Also the heat treat instructions. I have to wait for bosslady to get the pics out of the camera to wherever it is they go before posting them here.
View attachment 5908

View attachment 5909

Now for the hard part.....figuring out how to do it justice.:confused:
I got lucky finally.2thumbs THANKS again Del.

This MITH thing was a great idea Ern ! thanks.

Rudy

Last edited:
Way to go Rudy, fine score.

Make us proud with your design, I smell a RJ WIP coming to KD soon2thumbs

I just shipped one package off and recieved another a couple hours later from Delbert Ealy. You can cross us off the mystery list.

THANK YOU DEL !!!!!!!!!!
I just opened up the package and found a 3/16"x 1-5/8"x 9-1/2" bar of lovely random damascus . O-1 and L-6, Great looking stuff. Also the heat treat instructions. I have to wait for bosslady to get the pics out of the camera to wherever it is they go before posting them here.

Now for the hard part.....figuring out how to do it justice.:confused:
I got lucky finally.2thumbs THANKS again Del.

This MITH thing was a great idea Ern ! thanks.

Rudy

Thanks Chris.
If I did a WIP you would get better results if I did it on paper with crayons. The picture thing still eludes me. Also have other projects to finish first. The older I get...the less time I have it seems.

I got Craig's package, really quick.Got a bunch of nice ,G11, and some NS.Quite a haul.Thanks Craig.My package should be going out Tuesday.Dave2thumbs

I got mine mailed off today and received mine today as well.
Many thanks to Rudy Joly for the generous package!

I got stabilized Box Elder scales, a block of walnut, jigged horn scales, spacers, 3 rolls of waxed thread and about a dozen and a half 1/8" bits.

P1014753.jpg

Got mine in today!

2- 60 grit AO 2x72" belts
3- Blocks of maple
1- Block of Iron Wood
1- 4x4x.75" block of G-11
2- 10"x1.25"x.125" strips of 1084
2- 9.25"x2"x3/32" strips of 1095
1- Strip of some home made green micarta
A nice chunk of some wrought iron
Some brass chunks
And a 12oz power aid bottle of ferric chloride!!!

Thank's Pat!!!! I will put it to some good use.

-Jake

Wow Jake that was quick. I sent it out Saturday, and you're welcome. Hope you can do something with the stuff. Can't wait to get my package. This has been very interesting. Go KnifeDogs!

Pat

My package was in the mailbox when I arrived home last night! I got a variety of some nice woods. I've never used Black Palm or Buckeye Burl. Thanks Frank!

WOW you guys are really spoiling one another. I ll get in on this next year. I m sure I have an extra this or that lmao

HELLGAP,
We're supposed to get some snow tonight, just so you don't feel left out, I can send you a flat rate box full of it! I laugh now but by tomorrow I could be in the same situation as you!
Bryan

Patrick,
It's on the way.Shipped yesterday.Only go to town once a week as I live out in the country.
I hope yopu can get some use out of it

So far these are the only people That I have not gotten down as Shipped or shipping........

howiesatwork
polarbearforge
Semper708
RAGUEL3
Marcel J. B. Morin
timekeeper
Zanderman
Dacks
NJStricker
JAWilliams

If you did post or pm me I am sorry I misses it somehow!!

Please let me know the status on your package!!

Ernie,

My box will ship out tomorrow.

I received a very nice (and very packed) box of goodies from Mark Behnke. Thanks man! Mark noticed that I like the rustic Scagel style, so he sent me some of Aldo's 1084, some brass bar stock, a variety of pin stock, and a nice section of antler crown. I see 2 knife handles in that piece right now! There's also a large block of G11. I haven't worked with synthetics much, so I'm looking forward to using it.

Here's a pic:

IMG_2068.jpg

Here's a quick snap of the package I received Monday from
Shawn Tardif. The jigged bone is especially interesting -- I've
never gotten a chance to play with that before.

Attachments

• MITH_received.jpg
    MITH_received.jpg
    42.3 KB · Views: 71
Back