Cost of a table or booth?

Tod Lowe

I have been looking locally and found out at most local gun and knife shows a table is 10 bucks. A table at the Indy show is 100 bucks.
How much is a table at the big knife exclusive shows?

Costs for Knife shows can run between $75 to $500.
Our local Gun Shows in CAlif run between $50 and $100 for a Table.
Safari Club Int. is about $3500 for booth

My local gun show was $30 the first time I set up in 1982, so $10 is CHEAP! They are about twice that much now, and not worth a penny of it! Couldn't find a price for Dallas area gun shows, the closest to me besides our local affair. Wanenmacher's gun show, the world's largest, is now $130/table. I found out a long time ago that gun shows weren't worth my time unless I wanted to go back to making more basic hunters at lower prices.

Real knife shows are much more expensive. Last time I was in the Guild it was $500 (half table, half dues). I've heard it's more now. The New York City shows are probably close to $800 now, maybe more. Blade is around $450, give or take, and that's a decent price today.

I attend a couple of pen shows every year. Along with my pens, I've sold a couple of knives. In contrast to the expensive knife shows, the highest price I've paid for a table is $160 for the Los Angeles Pen Show.

David

I have done quite a few shows over the last couple of years. The smaller local club shows tend to run around $75-$100 as do most gun shows.

The Guild show is $450 plus your mebership dues. Blade is around $450. Some of the elite shows like NY can run considerably more plus you are required to stay at a rather high $$ hotel.

Shows like the Guild Show do cost more but they do tend to attract more serious buyers who don't go into sticker shock over a $500 knife. The Gun show crowds tend to think $100 is outrageous for knife but then they will dropp $1200 on a pistol. A lot of the local shows and shows like NKCA tend to be more about factory pocket knives and not that many come there looking for custom knives.

I think trends are changing and I am seeing more knifemakers at local shows and gun shows. With the economy the way it is I know I am doing more local shows instead of traveling and paying hotel expenses.

Last edited:
Thanks for the info guys.
I was just curious. 10 dollars for my local shows is cheap enough for me to try and sell the knives I make. I have not been to any to see what kind of traffic goes thru them but I imagine its not that much.

I just wanted to see what the top dawgs were dishing out.

Back