Building a belt grinder

LR Adkins

Well, it's getting too hard to swing the ole hammer, Been that way for a couple years now, and I need to make things easier to do. So I'm shifting gears.

I think I'll start doing a lot more stock removal so I'll need a lot better knife grinder than the one I'm using to clean up my forging. I got my order from Tracey today so I'm ready to start building a belt grinder. I have a small lathe so I may make my wheels.

Later I want to make a power hammer. Haven't decided whether to go with air or mechanical. There is a lot of good home built ones out there.

Next will be a gas forge. I moved in town so the coal forge is getting retired. I sold my farm so I have a little money to play with. There are several things I would like to update in my new shop. I plan on building the equipment I need. It's more fun that way.

If you all want I'll take pictures of each project and post them when I learn how to use this darn computer. After being down for over 2 years I'm ready to start making knives again.

Larry

Larry,

Pics of projects are always not only welcomed, but highly encouraged. Remember, if there are no photos, it didn't happen.

Yes,take phots.I just built my NWG and wish I had taken pic of each step.
Good luck with the build.

God bless,Keith

Working on my NWGS nightly. I really need to slow down and take some pics. Oh well, too excited to get it built. I'll get photos once it's running.

Charlie

It will be awhile before I really get going on the grinder. I lost my storage building and had to move everything into my shop temporarally. Have to get some help to clear it out this weekend so I don't kill myself on all the junk.

I have a couple old jap bikes to sell and 10 years of collecting bike junk to go through. I decided to convert my bike shop into a knife and craft shop. Lots of room and equipment.

I'll be learning how to put pics on here too, with the help of my daughter. When I get going I'll probably send tons of pics. LOL

Larry

Welcome man.
This is the right place for NWG advice. Not so much from me but Bossdawg is somewhat of an expert on them.:D

To post pic,or at least the only way I know how to post them.

First,go to the bottom and click Go Advanced.Next click Manage Attachments,a box will open on the top left hand corner,click browse,and go to your pictures,click on the pic that you want,it will go back to the box,click browse again to load another pic,or click upload to load the pic into your post.

Hope this helps.
God bless,Keith

I think I got it figured out, Jat Mat helped me out, got me to change browsers and everything seems to be working now.2thumbs

Hey Murph.

You said no pics it didn't happen, how's this? I see a knife grinder in there some where.....I hope LOL

Last edited:
I think I got it figured out, Jat Mat helped me out, got me to change browsers and everything seems to be working now.2thumbs

Back