Bill Coye

Knife Maker
5/32" 440C
6 3/4" OAL
3 1/4" Blade
G10 handle material
Torx screws w/ stand offs
4.8 ounces
In house heat treat & cyro. Tempered three separate times.

1_739247.jpg

2_864894.jpg

Thanks for looking ~

BC

Last edited:
Sweet as always!!

Are you gonna run screws in the handles now exclusively? Or both screws and corby bolts? Inquiring minds wanna know.:confused:

Sweet as always!!

Are you gonna run screws in the handles now exclusively? Or both screws and corby bolts? Inquiring minds wanna know.:confused:

Both corbys and screws will be used. I like the look of the torx but haven't dropped one on the pavement yet. We'll see.

The corbys have proven themselves time and time again to be tough.

Very mean looking knife Great job . I love the way you do the handle.

Thanks Billy! (got any spare belts laying around?...no wait, that's me! :))

BC

Thank you sir! We've watched this knife design evolve over on the JD since April '09...if all goes well, there will be more improvements down the road.

:)

BC

It has been awesome watching both this design and you as a maker evolve. I will have to say there is not much room for improvement on this design though.

Last edited:
It has been awesome watchingboth this design and you as a maker evolve. I will have to say they is not much room for improvement on this design though.

Thanks amigo!

That's quite an endorsement :eek: and very humbling to say the least.

BC

Bill I am still trying to figure out what you are going to improve on this knife. Looks great and from everything I have read people love it. Oh I know orange 10 handle scales.

Here's another with corby bolts instead of torx. The sheath is set up for left-handed cross draw.

This is the last of the 440C Ridgebacks. They'll all be 154 CM for a while....

5_367963.jpg

4_453077.jpg

7.jpg

6_529475.jpg

Thanks for looking!

BC

Outstanding knives and sheaths!!! You got talent.

Thank you Mr. Harkins!

Here's one with textured carbon fiber scales - I just posted this one for sale downstairs. SOLD

2_311575.jpg

1_165002.jpg

Hard to see the texturing without throwing a shadow.

3_69039.jpg

BC

Last edited:
I am really liking this design. Looks very useful and a whole lot of fun to use. Great job sir!

Clean Knife . Nice to see other makers still using 440C !!! It is one of the best all around stainless steels out there , but has really taken a bad rap the past few years . People for some reason tend to confuse it with the 440a and other not so good stuff.

I like the screws Bill, where can I get some? 2thumbs
Gordon

Hey Gordon! I get those torx from usaknifemaker.com

Clean Knife . Nice to see other makers still using 440C !!! It is one of the best all around stainless steels out there , but has really taken a bad rap the past few years . People for some reason tend to confuse it with the 440a and other not so good stuff.

Thanks Glenn. I had GLWJ cut 60+ 440C blanks and there are only a few left. No complaints whatsoever pertaining to edge retention or the inability to put an edge back on by common means. The local guys are happy with the performance of the steel. Their words, not mine.

Back