New Logo and cards.

Steven Janik

SUPERMOD & AWARDS BOSS
Just got the proofs of my new logo, makers mark and business cards from The Rock (Dave Cowles, kowulz at gmail.com). Take a look, I love them. Dave did a great job and was quick and extremely helpful.

The left side is the front and the right is the back of card. My new makers mark is the grey oval on the card face.

Thanks,
Steve

attachment.php

Last edited:
Great looking work Rock! Congratulations on the the new card and mark design Steve. I think it would have looked a bit better with a pic of that little blade I bought from you. :D

VERY nice. Rock is a great guy. Love the cards, but that logo is awesome! 2thumbs

Thanks guys and thanks to Rock.

Hey Murph, I plan to order more and change the pics periodically. So it will make it. Did I forget to tell you that if I use your knife in an add that you must put me in your will so I get it back? Musta slipped my mind.......

Steve

Good looking cards, Steve. Rock did good! The nice knives made it easier for him.

Did you design the logo/blade mark, or did Rock? It's a good one. Should shrink down and still maintain its integrity even on a stencil for small knives. The oval might get lost sometimes on damascus, but that's a problem with all but the simplest and largest marks.

David

David,
I originally sent Rock this pencil sketch. But he thought, and I agreed that the "I" hidden in the knife blade would be confusing. He sent me a whole sheet of proofs to choose from.

Thanks,
Steve

Last edited:
David,
I originally sent Rock this pencil sketch. But he thought, and I agreed that the "I" hidden in the knife blade would be confusing. He sent me a whole sheet of proofs to choose from.

Thanks,
Steve

Smart move, Steve, a good example of what a professional can do. Rock is a pro and a good graphic artist. I think he took the essence of what you wanted and turned it into a really fine logo. After you've used it for some time, it will become recognizable as yours, which is what you want.

David

You are no slouch either, David. Beautiful stuff on your site!

Thanks for the kind words.

Back