2nd knife

arrow-360

Here is my second knife, Pictures are better, but still not great. Guess I need to make a light box and use a tripod!
This is a takeoff from my first, except it's a drop point.
Blade is 1/8 o-1 hardened to 59 and finished to 400.
Has green spacers and brass and green mosaic pin and hidden pins.
Scales are leopard wood finished with several cotes of CA (Cyanoacrylate) glue sanded and polished .
Haven't made a sheath yet.
Would love to hear opinions.
Forgot the demensions.
OAL...7 7/8
Blade length to handle...3 5/8

knife1.jpg

Knife.jpg

GetAttachment-1.jpg

knife008.jpg

Thanks for looking!

Last edited:
You are well on your way in making some great knives. Hell even that as a 2nd knife is a very fine piece. Great work :D

very nice I am interested in the mosaic pin you used in your grip.Homemade or where did you acquire it?

I used what I had laying around.
Outer is 3/8, Two inner round are 1/8, oval is either 1/4 or 5/16, (can't remember) flattened out.
Dave

2nd knife?????:eek:

You could have said this is your 100th and you have been making knives for 10 years with this one...lol

I think we need to keep an eye on you if this is your second. Your off to a great start!!!

Keep it up and nice work on that blade!

Chris

Thanks for all the incouraging replys! It is my desire to make knives that are liked. Your incouragement means more than you know to me!
Dave

Very nice knife. If that is only your second knife it shows your dedication for perfection. Nice design and I really like that mosaic pin. Great job.

Larry

Awesome

Got great news today! I showed my knife to a guy at work, and he wanted me to make two for his sons.... Sure made my day!!!:D Three others are very intrested!
Dave

Very sweet 2nd knife! Mine did not look near as good. Congrats on getting a few orders!

Back