My new EDC "Logic" Proto

Dustin Turpin

Dave from Great Lakes Waterjet just informed me that my parts should be in next week. So before I am knee deep in parts strictly dedicated to catching up on my back log I decided to build one more proto while I had the chance. Also gave me a chance to experiment with an acid wash and some new grinding approaches on my bevel shoulders.

I named it "Logic" cause to me that is what it is. A rigid straight forward very effective EDC with good blade/handle ratio and one of my favorite blade profiles for everyday use.

I am not offering this model just yet, but I may have it finalized by Bladeshow this year. Right now it is just something I wanted to build for myself. I got tired of telling people I make knives for a living and didn't have any of my knives on me hehe.

OAL: Just over 7.5"
Blade: 3.25" .126 CPM 154
Liners: .080 Ti
Bolsters: .120 Ti
Scales: Tan G10
Hardware: 3/16" ss pivot, 5/32" ss stop pin, .015 bronze washers, custom ti clip, ss stand-offs
Finish: Acid washed blade, tumbled liners/bolsters anodized bronze, heat colored hardware

thx for looking, I was kinda racing against the sun this morning while I had really good light for outside pics.

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg

7.jpg

Exuse my nasty shop jeans..
8.jpg

Here is views of the lock and blade position. I can never seem to get centered on my pics, but the blade is about as centered as they get.

thx again for looking

9.JPG

10.JPG

Back