Input on Batson's Blade Symposium

calharkins

It's a long way to Alabama from Oklahoma. Just wanting some input from folks that have been to Batson's Blade Symposium. Can a guy learn quite a bit there? I appreciate any information.
Thanks

You can't help learning something. Look at the AFC website http://www.alaforge.org/files/2009_Batson_Blade.htm for the list of demonstrators. Isn't there something there that you need to know more about. Even if you don't watch a single demo there are great bunches of knife makers there visiting and telling how they do things. Lots of tail gate sales, lots of vendors, Lots of lots and lots to learn or buy or just enjoy. It is certainly worth the trip. Folks come from further than OK. It is 350 miles for me.

It really is worth the trip to Tannehill. Last year was my first and there was so much I missed that I'm gonna try to get to this year. The demonstrators are top notch and there is a lot of knife talk. Just watching some of the big guys forging out a blade or making damascus is worth it. They make it look easy enough for any of us to do(even if we can't). So come on down and bring knives to show and money for sales. Good prices on supplies. Good people and good times.

I've been reading about Batson's for years. I'm finally in a position to where I think I may be able to make it this year. Heck, I'm only a 3.5 hr drive away from it now. I hope thisngs work out with my training schedule at work so that I can make it for at least a couple of days.

I can tell ya, if I can afford to go, I am there. Last year was my first time to go. Some of the benefits that I recognize is:
1. Great vendors
2. Being able to put your hands on the materials that you are buying.
3. Lots of information. Hint= bring notepad.
4. Putting names to faces.

Back