Indy 1500 Gun and knife show?

Tod Lowe

Anybody going to be there this weekend at the fairgrounds?
This will be my first trip up and thought I would check out your booth if anybody on here is set up there.
Im sure I will be checking out all the booths anyway.cool 1

I have been wanting to give that show a try. I won't be at this one but I plan to do it in March if I can get a table.

I have been wanting to give that show a try. I won't be at this one but I plan to do it in March if I can get a table.

I will let you know what its like.
Im not sure what to expect but it would be cool to see some of your work there in March.:cool:

Me and several other knifemakers have been doing the Guns shows here in Louisville and I am seeing more knifemakers and people looking for custom knives coming back to the guns shows.

Knifemakers were once a regular part of the shows and they often advertised them as gun and knife shows. Then the knifemakers started doing all-knife shows. Now the they seem to be coming back. I do them because we have some really good ones locally.

Me and several other knifemakers have been doing the Guns shows here in Louisville and I am seeing more knifemakers and people looking for custom knives coming back to the guns shows.

Knifemakers were once a regular part of the shows and they often advertised them as gun and knife shows. Then the knifemakers started doing all-knife shows. Now the they seem to be coming back. I do them because we have some really good ones locally.

Im not sure why but knives and knifemaking is just not popular around here.
We have a festival here called The covered bridge festival here every fall where over a million people come thru.The Bridgeton part is almost all handmade crafts but no handmade knives. I hope to eventually have some knives made up to sell there.;)

I was very interested in your Kentucky knifemakers thread and wondered why we dont have something like that around here.

Well if we get our hammer-in organized this spring you would be welcome to come on down and hang out with us.

Indy 1500 show

I will be at the Indy show,will not know which table # till I check in. Mike Morris will be there allso. We have tables next to each other. It will be the first time doing this show for the both of us. Hope to see you guys there. And will let everyone know how the show went afterwards.2thumbs

I will be at the Indy show,will not know which table # till I check in. Mike Morris will be there allso. We have tables next to each other. It will be the first time doing this show for the both of us. Hope to see you guys there. And will let everyone know how the show went afterwards.2thumbs

I will look for you guys...cool 1

Well if we get our hammer-in organized this spring you would be welcome to come on down and hang out with us.

Hey. I missed this post the other day.That would be awesome and nice of you to let a Hoosier hang around.

I went to the gun and knife show today. Unbelievable how many guns were there.America rules! There were only 4 booths selling handmade knives that I had seen.
I only had the pleasure to talk to one maker and that was Tom Santini. Super nice guy with great knives. It was great to talk to an accomplished maker in real life. He took the time to answer all the questions I asked and I think he represents the class of people in the knifemaking community. Talking with him was the highlight if the show for me.
I don't know how sales were going but the place was jam packed and Friday is supposedly the slow night.

Indy 1500 show

Thanks for the kind words Shankmaker.2thumbs It was a pleasure talking to you on Fri. then to Gomike on Sun.
The show was packed all weekend,Sat. and Sun. was elbow to elbow.Most of the people there where gun people. The people coming thru,that stoped and handled my knives and talked knives ,knew about custom knives, so it was easier to talk to them.You did not have to explain the difference between a custom and a production knife. If you depend on knifemaking for a living,this show would only be good if you where able to go home every night and not have other expences besides the table rent.I was lucky enough to sell a couple knives in the $300.00 range,a couple of orders, then some repairs for a couple dealers I know.So I did'nt do too bad. A lot of people where looking for knives in the $100.00 range,which I did'nt bring. I will probably go again,but it will be at the Oct. show,or the Jan.2011 show.And then I would bring more affordable knives for this type of show. You just have to remember it's not a knife show. Tom Santini

Back