Been having a rough week.

Jake Mello

Yesterday was the 6yr. annaversiry of my fathers death. Every year just seems to get a little better, but only as good as the memorie of a parents death can be. I am not sure why I am sharing this, but I know I need to expess it to people outside the family. Plus there are alot of good people in this forum that I am not worried to tell. Thats really all there is for me to say except please send some prayers my way for some strength.

Thank you for being good people,
Jake

R.I.P.- Mark Mello, Father and best freind.

Jake,

Hang in there brother. I lost my father in May of this year. It has been the hardest thing for me to deal with. I notice I talk to him more now than I did when he was here. It helps me and I still feel close to my old man. We still argue every once in awhile too...lol

I know its not easy, just know your not alone friend.

Keep fighting the fight Jake!

Chris

Jake,

My father passed away almost 20 years ago when I was in my early 20's. It was very hard for me since I was so close to him. As time went on there is still very few days I don't think of him but the pain has eased and now it is like : Dad sure would have liked that or I wish Dad could have seen his grandson. You will never forget your dad and he will always be with you. Prayers your way and you will make it through even though it will seems very hard at times.

Jay

The loss of a loved one brings feelings of frustration and sorrow that stay with us for the remainder of our lives. Often times it is difficult to share these feelings with those who are closest to us and we need an outside outlet to discuss our feelings with. That's where the "community" comes into play. You're among family here. If you need to talk, we'll listen.

My prayers go out to you brother.

Jake I will be praying for you , It sounds like your dad was a great dad for a son to miss him that much.

God Bless you
Billy

I lost my father 14 yrs ago and my mother 3 yrs ago. Losing my mom was the hardest thing I ever had to deal with and time doesn't seem to make it any better.
Grieving is the price we pay for love.

Yesterday was the 6yr. annaversiry of my fathers death. Every year just seems to get a little better, but only as good as the memorie of a parents death can be. I am not sure why I am sharing this, but I know I need to expess it to people outside the family. Plus there are alot of good people in this forum that I am not worried to tell. Thats really all there is for me to say except please send some prayers my way for some strength.

Thank you for being good people,
Jake

R.I.P.- Mark Mello, Father and best freind.

Jake,
I lost my mother in 1997, my mothers mother in 2004, and my dad in 2006.
My dad wasn't much of a father to me so I don't miss him as bad as I do my
mother and grandmother. Sounds like you had a good dad. My prayers are
with you. I still miss my mom as much today as I did in '97. I don't know that
you can ever stop missing someone you loved and respected. For me I made
peace just knowing my mother isn't hurting anymore from the cancer she
fought from 1962 until it finally beat her in 1997. My grandmother quit
eating and drinking and at 95 grieved herself to death because she had
outlived all her friends, 2 husbands, and her 2 children.

While you may never stop missing your dad, I hope you can find the peace you
need.

Marauder
aka David

I lost my mom to cancer a number of years ago. I've also lost three father in laws. One thing that really helps me through those rough days is remembering the great times I spent with them. I realize that I was really blessed to have people like that in my life. There are certain things in life that I do because I learned it from these individuals.

Here's a few examples

My mom used to cook things without a recipe. Drove me nuts when I was younger. Now I do the same thing and drive my kids nuts.

One of my father in laws always treated every one with respect. He was high up in the banking industry. He always every one well, everyone from the president to the janitors.

Another one of my father in laws used to work on the house wiring with live circuits. I DON'T do this, but it is one of those funny memories. At least I learned how to work with live circuits with our becoming part of one.

Here's an amusing memory of an incident with an uncle of mine: My uncle once got a scorpion bite. His remedy was to apply urine to it. He asked my little brother to help with the "first aid". He told my brother to pee on his foot where he was bitten. My brother was 3 of 4 years old and gave me this look "Pee on his foot?! I know better than to pee on someone. I'll get in to big trouble if I do." So I told him it was OK to pee on uncle's foot. And He did.

Hope this helps you, it sure helps me.

Ric

Jake,

I almost didn't open this post; I'm glad I did. I almost didn't reply; I think I will.

It's been over twenty years since Dad passed. I find that I go for quite a while and everything is fine. Life goes on and you really need to be involved. Then, something will happen and I sure would like to talk with him. He was a tough, no nonsense guy with a down to earth perspective and a lot of worldly experience. We could have fixed most of the world's problems if we were allowed to get to the controls for a while. We were able to spend the last two years of his life together. Good times.

It gets a little easier as time goes by my friend but (always seems like there's a but) there are times we will just have to struggle through.

I wish you the piece of Jesus,
Carey

Jake,
Hang in there buddy, I feel for you

I lost my father in 2000 I was 19 years old, It was pretty hard for the first few months. It happened by a sudden heart attack.

I lost my mother almost two years ago, Feb 28 2008, We had to unplug her....
Her body just started failing. I must say it was nice being able to say goodbye and did make it a little easier. One thing that was really hard was my youngest daughter was born Feb. 15 2008. after we left the hospital(took a while because of c section) we brought the baby to my mothers so she could hold her. She went into the hospital that night and then transferred her about 2 hours away. At Least she got to hold her last granddaughter, She lived for her children and grandchildren.

I am sorry for rambling!!!

Jake, my parents are with me forever and always and I am 100% sure that your father is with you too.

take care buddy and don't let it get you down to much, one thing we get from our parents are some of the best memories of our lives, I know my dad gave me a lot.

Back