WooHoo!!! Finally a real grinder

Keith Willis

I received my parts from Tracy,for my NWG.I got them back before Christmas,but I was just able to start working on it this weekend.I turned it on Saturday,and this thing is awsome.For the last 3 years all I have had to grind(sand) with,was a Chraftsman 4x36,and files.I will say,this is like stepping out of the stone age.

I did not have much faith in this bolt together design,but this thing is rock solid.All I have right now is a 1 hp motor,and it is not fully enclosed,not the best thing,but it was free.

The shop is not much to look at.It is only 10x14,and cluttered up.

Thanks for looking,God bless,Keith

Last edited:
Keith, that build came out nice.
when I was working on the basic design with the square tubing I was honestly very surprised at how solid it all was when bolted together with straps. I tried to tear it apart and even dropped one to see what would happen. I also expected harmonic vibrations but didn't get those either. It's kinda (really) ugly but it works. What I have enjoyed most about the whole No Weld Grinder thing is seeing guys like you put one together and how tickled they are when they run it and understand what a full blown grinder can do for them.
have fun..
t

Having thought early on that a 4X36" sander made a servicable grinder let me tell you that I know how you feel. I went to a Coote grinder and I thought that I had died and gone to heaven.

Doug Lester

Thanks guys,

Thanks Mr.Williams.I'm going to save me a little money,and try to get me a better motor.

Thanks stabber.If I am grinding I don't let her stay out there with me,but if she is with me,she's looking for a piece of chalk,or a marker,and writing on something.

God bless,Keith

Keith, that build came out nice.
when I was working on the basic design with the square tubing I was honestly very surprised at how solid it all was when bolted together with straps. I tried to tear it apart and even dropped one to see what would happen. I also expected harmonic vibrations but didn't get those either. It's kinda (really) ugly but it works. What I have enjoyed most about the whole No Weld Grinder thing is seeing guys like you put one together and how tickled they are when they run it and understand what a full blown grinder can do for them.
have fun..
t

I will say Tracy,THOSE STRAPS AIN'T MOVING,you just about have to take the straps completely off to get the tool bar to move,it was a pain,but when you get it set it's there!

Kieth,

Congratulations on the new grinder. I know you're as happy as a kid with a new puppy.

If I may, I'd like to make a suggestion on your next motor. Save your money and get one with variable speed. There are links around talking about 3 phase motors and speed controllers if you look for them. You can get some speed control by changing drive pulley or drive wheel size but you can't imagine the difference with variable speed. It's kind of like going from your old grinder to your new one. You kind of step back and go Wow.

Have fun,
Carey

Congratulations Keith. I love those big saw blades you have laying around in the background.

Pretty slick! I really need to get off my butt and build one of those!
-Dave

Dave,you will not regrett it.I looked at several ways of doing it,and for the money this was the cheapest way to go.I am guessing I have around $550 in it and thats with a good supply of belts,which I dont think is too bad.Now as I said,the motor was free,I just had to replace the bearings,whicn was another $9.00.

Thanks,God bless,Keith

Back