3 Amigos Forum Ownership - an experiment

BossDog

KnifeDogs.com & USAknifemaker.com Owner
Staff member
We are going to see how this works.

We will offer forum ownership for 1 year at $100 for 3 people that want to go together in on their own forum. In other words, 3 of you get together and purchase your own forum for the 3 of you to share - ala 3 amigos.

For at least awhile, all memberships are set at 500 days as a forum opening special so you would get a forum ownership split 3 ways for 500 days which is about 7 cents a day.

You get all the benefits of having your own website at a fraction of the cost and hassle. Plus you get to hang out with your two buddies....

Any thoughts on this?

Last edited:
Sounds like a cool idea, there are a few smaller knifemaking "crews" that I think would like to go that way.

Tracy,
Already spoke with DCknives about this membership plan and have one of several other parties in mind for our third Amigo.

I think it's a fantastic idea to suit our needs as neither of us produce large numbers of knives but would enjoy the benifits of having our own forum here.
For me I don't feel a website is really neccesary until I've got more finished knives to display so this would be a great alternative to having a website full of "under construction" signs.

For part time and newer makers it's a great way to gain exposure till things explode and we become dirty filthy stinking rich dogs, LOL

-Josh

Go Mike contacted me about this. Looks like we will be putting together a 3 amigos of knife handle materials.

Go Mike for domestic and exotic woods
Burl Source for burl and other weird wood
and the 3rd will be a composites supplier

We should have everything up and running some time next week.

Maybe Mike will tell more. He is the one doing all the work to put this together.

If you look in the classifieds there are some photo examples of the wood from both Go Mike and Burl Source.

Go Mike contacted me about this. Looks like we will be putting together a 3 amigos of knife handle materials.

Go Mike for domestic and exotic woods
Burl Source for burl and other weird wood
and the 3rd will be a composites supplier

We should have everything up and running some time next week.

Maybe Mike will tell more. He is the one doing all the work to put this together.

If you look in the classifieds there are some photo examples of the wood from both Go Mike and Burl Source.

The main goal of our forum is to get attention from this forum, as the main handle material suppliers. By having out own forum, it helps clear up the for-sale supplies section, because we'll have our own forum to play in.

Customers will be able to ask us any questions via a new thread that everyone can see, instead of private emails, or replying to a previous thread started.

We'll see how it works out. Could take a while for it to make progress, but it could happen within a week. Who knows!?

By the way, our forum is located HERE

Back