My son spoke!!!!

Silversage

Gold Membership
I just had to share:) Our only child our son Reece was born 7 years ago with Down Syndrome. From the day he was born life has been full of highs and lows like any child just a bit different. As of this time he is still non vocal and uses signs and pictures to communicate. Well today at therapy he was being a bit stubborn not putting the puzzle pieces of animals in place when out of the blue he starts pointing at the letters in each word and saying each one he was being consistant with each word with the correct sound for each letter. The therapist and I were in shock at what we were hearing..My wife and I have said the letters thousands of time over the years and he has never spoken them...We were both in tears watching him:) Hopefully this will start him talking and I can hear the word Dad I have waited so long to hear.

Thanks for listening and you all have a great day too.

Jay Weaver

Amen Brither, Amen!

So glad to hear of this mile stone in you and your wifes lives. I know this has to be a great day for you both!

Prayers for continued progress!

God Bless
Mike

Amen Brother, Amen!

So glad to hear of this mile stone in you and your wifes lives. I know this has to be a great day for you both!

Prayers for continued progress!

God Bless
Mike

what a joy that must have been for you both...reading that made me feel good. thanks for sharing...

Wow, That's a great thing to share, I bet you and your family are overwhelmed with happiness. Hopefully the progress keeps up and going!

You are in our prayers.

Great news and I hope things just get better for him and your family from now on.

Jay it will happen. Roman is autistic and he was almost 4 before he said daddy. It brought tears to my eyes. We will be praying for you and your family. Get ready for leaps and bounds. Once they start talking it seems to unlock the world.

Congratulations, Jay and Reece. I thank you for posting that story so we can not only share in your joy but keep the Weaver family in our prayers. God Bless. Denny

That is wonderful news. My wife and I have worked with challenged children for years and we feel Down Syndrome children are such a delight to work with. This is a great milestone and should open many doors for you and your child.

Thank you for sharing, it really made my day.

Larry

Jay, what a gift to share with so many here. Prayers sent for you and family, wishing the best.....Brad

That's AWESOME Jay!!! We now have our first "Great News" entry for the second week of 2010.

Last edited:
Back