Batson Blade Symposium April 1-4-2010

Wayne Coe

Forum Owner - Moderator
Who is planning to attend the Batson Blade Symposium April 1-4-2010 at Tannehill, Alabama (just south of Birmingham). http://www.alaforge.org/files/2009_Batson_Blade.htm I plan to be there with my NWG (sorta). I will be there with a horse trailer loaded with good stuff and if you all want to we can use my area for a hospitality tent. I expect to be parked next to the Ice Machine.

Batson's, who will have the best deals?

I'm planning on coming, with my wife and my 2 shop Rats! It'll be my first Batson's event so I'm pretty excited. I didn't know admission was so expensive, but with the line up of seminars and demonstrations, it's a bargain. Can anyone give me an idea of what to expect as far as the suppliers that'll be there? Especially the ones that have the best deals. Anyone know if Aldo will be there?
Thanks Rex

I'll be there again, camping in the same spot. (Just a little down from the ice machine in fact.) I'll have tong blanks with me again.

Aldo has been there the past few years. There's usually quite a selection of supplies, weather permitting.

Jamie

Pops will probably be there, Bader, a whole bunch more. This is a big deal.
I have an inline treadle hammer
gas forge supplies,
NWG plans
etc.

If my work schedule and funds allow, I may run over to spend a day or so. That's not too far from where I'm stationed and lord knows I need o watch some more demos and learn more.

Thanks for the info. I'll be there. Went to my first one last year and was amazed at the whole thing. Lotsa great knifemakers there sharing everything they know.

Pat

I'll be there with a couple friends. I've only missed two in the past twenty years. It's my personal favorite hammer-in and in my oppinion, the best there is. Big name demonstrators, tailgate sales, cutting contest, knife show, historic location, beautiful venue, etc. All day Friday, Saturday & half of Sunday.

If two demos that you want to see are simultaneous, take in one. Usually each demo is scheduled twice so you can catch the other the next day. This way it's pretty easy to get in all of the demos that particularly appeal to you.

There's an outside knife show on Saturday where, upon occasion, I've seen some money change hands.2thumbs There's an auction immediately after the knife show.

It can be cool (FREEZING) so bring winter wear. Generally it's quite pleasant.

Cheers,

TV

Terry L. Vandeventer
ABS MS

Mr. McClellan,

Wild horses couldn't keep me away...and the selection I bring should be vastly improved.

Aldo

Aldo,

Don't be a tease! I'm trying to make plans to be there and look forward to harrassing you, I mean picking up a few things while there.

Back