We need to save the disappearing tutorials

calharkins

Guys, as a newbie, I need all of the tutorials I can get. There are a lot of tutorials out there on the web, but the come and go. Lots of broken links when websites go down, people remove them, etc.

There needs to be an archive somewhere or a dvd or some way to save what is disappearing and put them in one repository. I have gone back to look at several tutorials that I bookmarked and they are no longer there. I am sure all of you have experienced that.

Any ideas?? I have been printing some of them to pdf files, but that is a royal pain.

Wasnt aware they were being removed,.. have to pull them to a server here at home for future ref.

John, the link you listed in only a link to other sites. Material from those sites can be removed at any time. Any of those sites can be closed down completely. I show that the Lloyd Harding knife patterns that were at
http://www.hurleyknives.com/lloydgallery.html are no longer there. There are a bunch of other links that I have already deleted from my bookmarks.

John, the link you listed in only a link to other sites. Material from those sites can be removed at any time. Any of those sites can be closed down completely. I show that the Lloyd Harding knife patterns that were at
http://www.hurleyknives.com/lloydgallery.html are no longer there. There are a bunch of other links that I have already deleted from my bookmarks.

I agree, photobucket accounts are a real offender here, I have seen them gone within days.

Some people put up really good info, but use ebay photos to show what products they mean...gone as soon as the auction is over.

I have printed PDF files too, but it is a real pain to edit them into a nice readable product. It would be nice if a standard format were adopted for creating tutorials, such as PDF files then saved and traded and archived without losing quality.
(knifemakers could put nice footers on the bottom with website links )

You can save the webpage under File-Save- then you can edit them later or repost if reqd.into

If you can download files with torrents The Lloyd Harding files are here
Thanks to Lloyd for passing on his designs and distributing them in the public domain.
http://thepiratebay.org/torrent/4996025/Lloyd_Harding_-_100s_of_Knife_Patterns

Last edited:
I know Chiro75 had a good kydex sheath tutorial but that is gone now as is his whole website. I found it very useful when I made my first sheaths.

Bill, The tutorials sub forum is great!!! Problem is that some of them link to other sites. When those pics, tutorials, or whole sites go, then then they are gone. Is there any way that we could move some of the tutorials to Knife Dogs? There must be some freeware that would allow us to move pages if approved by the maker. Any ideas or approval on this??

Bill, The tutorials sub forum is great!!! Problem is that some of them link to other sites. When those pics, tutorials, or whole sites go, then then they are gone. Is there any way that we could move some of the tutorials to Knife Dogs? There must be some freeware that would allow us to move pages if approved by the maker. Any ideas or approval on this??

I'm working on saving all of the tutorials POSTED (not linked) on KnifeDogs as pdfs that will be able to be downloaded to your computers.

Back