Pic of my son

I second that George. He and soldiers like him are why I sleep good at night.

It ironic you posted this tonight. I spent most of the day in the woods with my brother-in-law today. He's from California and never hunted, but he's decided he wants to learn how to deer hunt. I'm gladly teaching him the stuff only us old guys know. ;~)

He joined the army 19 years ago. About the time the pic of your boy was taken. He joined because of soldiers like your son and the job they were doing in Iraq. He wanted to do his part and 19 years later he's just back from his first tour to Afghanistan. He'd already done a couple tours in Iraq.

I have to say, if he is any indication of the kind of young men and women we have representing and protecting us...we are in dang good shape!

So yeah, tell him thanks for us. If he's like my brother-in-law...he'll be embarrassed and humble, but he'll get over it and he should be told.

George - Your son has one of those: " I know I'm in a war zone and am risking life and limb every minute of every day, but I also know "I am cool"..... looks on his face.

You have a fine looking young man there and he should be thanked for every day he has been in that war zone risking life and limb.

Thank you IG-2!!

Last edited:
Great pic. Tell him we appreciate what he has done and your support too.

Great picture IG. Reminds me of when I was in Nam. Tell him we are very grateful for his service. If you have never been there you'll never know what these young men go through for their country.

I am very proud of him and all the others that stand up to be counted.

Larry

A big thank you to him and all of our service men and women, past and present, where ever they may be.

Dan Kaschner - Eagan, MN

Back