Please Test my knife

Rusty McDonald

KNIFE MAKER
Ok I need 3 to 5 trust worthy people to try out one of my Slipjoints for a bit and tell me what you think. Kinda like a pass around with a slip joint. I wont post a pic of the knife or tell you what kind of steel it is. but you are more than welcome to if your chosen. when your done with it mail it to the next guy/gal and so on. I need to know if my HT is working right and how the edge and construction holds up to your standards.

Again If you cant write about it or post pics of you using it don't put your name in the hat.(this is not a destruction test)
Rules are
1. you tell me what you think of the construction (what you would change or make better)
2. how it feels in hand and in pocket
3. how does it hold an edge
4. would you carry one like it
5. does it have eye appeal
6. is it easy to open or will it pull your nail off
Rate it from 1 to 10 in the 6 categories please

I will have my daughter choose the names of the unlucky participants if there are any takers.
Thanks a lot and Happy New Year
Rusty McDonald

Rusty
I would help you out on one condition, you do the same for me. I was thinking about doing the same thing with one of my slippies. I wanted to get input from other slipjoint makers.
Ill put it to use and post some pics if you want.

Sean

Count me in on the list please Rusty. I'd love the opportunity to play with one of your slip joint folders.

Rusty
I would be happy to try out your knife. But please outline what you designed the knife for and what conditions it should be used in. I know we as knifemakers have an idea, be each is diffrent.

God Bless
Mike

Rusty
I would help you out on one condition, you do the same for me. I was thinking about doing the same thing with one of my slippies. I wanted to get input from other slipjoint makers.
Ill put it to use and post some pics if you want.

Sean

That's a great idea Sean. :cool:

Rusty
I would be happy to try out your knife. But please outline what you designed the knife for and what conditions it should be used in. I know we as knifemakers have an idea, be each is diffrent.

God Bless
Mike

Ok, its a pocket knife. Use it as a pocket knife. Not a screw driver, chisel, pry bar or hammer! This is not a distruction test! Other than that use it as if it were yours. If it needs sharped then by all means do it, but tell us if you had to. Hope that clears that up.
Rusty

I would love to be one of the lucky few to test and rate your knife. I think it's a great idea, and will be doing the same thing before long with one or two of my fixed blades. May do one in SS and one in carbon. Should be a good way for an unknown like me to get some recognition. Thanks for the opportunity, Darrin.

Ok so far the list of names is as follows, But I will need your full name and address to be added to the list if your name is chosen. I may just let the list grow and let more try it than I had previously posted.
Sean Cochran*
Denton Eller
Murphy D.*
Mike @ Diamond G Knives
Darrin Sanders*
CDHumiston*
J.A.Williams*
David Broadwell*
NoahL.*
JatMat*
Bigern26*
Semper708
Cliff Fendley*
John T Wyllie Jr.
Nathan310
Will there be any more?

The asterisk means I already have your address.

Last edited:
Hi Rusty,

While I am rather new to this forum, I would certainly love to review your knife, but I understand if you'd rather I didn't :p. These sorts of opportunities are always great, and very informative to watch, so participating is sure to be fun. Thanks!

~Noah

Sorry Murph got a lot going on here but Im sure it's in my note book where ever it is lol. I'm still trying to finish up some fixed blades for the Ark. show and have orders to fill, and making my JS test knives.

Rusty, I'd be happy to do it. I'm planning to be taking and posting more pics of my own stuff anyway. I haven't made any folders so I would love to carry a custom for a few days. When I'm not in the shop I'm out cutting a lot of twine and stuff so my EDC always gets it's edge holding tested.

Hi Rusty! I would love to test it out if you're still accpeting people.

Back