Saber Toothed Frog?????

Steven Janik

SUPERMOD & AWARDS BOSS
This summer I strolled out to our little pond with a cup of coffee. The sparrows were bathing and chirping on the rocks when suddenly there was a splash and the survivors took off. We have large koi but no predators until I saw this...........

attachment.php

Last edited:
Hi,

That is one of the big reason that people are so concerned about people dumping Bull frogs into non-native habitat. They are a huge problem in CA and other western states where they eat all native amphibians in sight along with anything they can grab as your photo shows!!!

Jay Weaver ( Biologist Idaho Army National Guard)

That one's got to grow awhile before you can become the ultimate predator and venture into "the other white meat", FROG'S LEGS. Tastes like chicken only better.
Seriously I never thought about them grabbing something that large. I guess I should have though as we used to catch them as kids on floating plug with treble hooks, when we weren’t shooting them with slingshots, or spearing a few!
Ah, the good ole days when a good Saturday night meant coming home, soaking wet, with a sack full of frogs and getting out the meal, firing up the frying pan with some grease, and cooking up some fresh frogs legs. If they are fresh enough they will jump around in the pan when they hit that hot grease.

A large bullfrog will eat just aboout anything that dont eat them first! They are a very aggressive preditor for anythign that is at the waters edge.

We frog gig here in Arkansas, and several owners of minniw ponds are tickled to death when we ask to gig their ponds!

Guess they are hard on minnows also.

God Bless
Mike

This summer I strolled out to our little pond with a cup of coffee. The sparrows were bathing and chirping on the rocks when suddenly there was a splash and the survivors took off. We have large koi but no predators until I saw this...........

attachment.php
OMG!!!!

Back