Finally... my first knife

arrow-360

Really poor quality pictures but you will get the idea.
o-1 1/8 tool steel blade
oal...8.25
Blade length... 3.75
Handle material... Buffalo horn
Green spacer material
Copper pins and bolster
Rockwell tested to 59
Scary sharp.
Sheath is 8-9 oz leather diped in hot wax, mink oil mixture.
Will take better pictures when I get someone else to do it with a good camera.
Give me your thoughts. I like the design, and is comfortable in hand. I have to make 3 more for customers.
Although you cant see it in the pictures, it turned out very nice.
All comments - + welcome, and needed.
Thanks for looking!!!

knife011.jpg

knife014.jpg

FRIST KNIFE???? Looks pretty good to me. Even has bolsters on first knife. I'll let others comment on the sheath because I like them on the hard side.

Thanks for your responces... Realy hoping to get as good at making knives as some of the knife makers on knifedogs!

Hay ArtinNC.. I could have sworn I am reading in echo.:eek: Thanks again for your comment...:D

Last edited:
Thanks for your responces... Realy hoping to get as good at making knives as some of the knife makers on knifedogs!

Hay ArtinNC.. I could have sworn I am reading in echo.:eek: Thanks again for your comment...:D

You did, he he he

This is your "first knife" and you already have customers? WOW!

Good job on your first knife. Wish mine had looked this good!:D

Frank

This is your "first knife" and you already have customers? WOW!

Good job on your first knife. Wish mine had looked this good!:D

Frank

A guy at work wants me to make one for his son in law as a gift. He is a Minnesota Viking fan, and wants the handle mostly purple, with white and yellow accents.
I tried to talk him out of it, but he is stuck on the idea:rolleyes:. What I'm planing is making micarta using a purple jersey, with something yellow between each layer. The holes in the jersey will allow the yellow to be seen. Jersey can be stretched to make the holes a little bigger when layering if needed. It will than will be finished off with white spacers. Hopefully it will look alright. Will be different for sure.
Over Christmas, my brother must have showed everyone in town. Had a couple approch me wanting one. One collects knives and wanted one from someone he knew.

Last edited:
Very Nice,
I think the design is just as critical as the execution when you first start, and it looks like you nailed both. Bravo!

Keep it up.
Regards,
Steve

Back