Doggone Thieves

LR Adkins

I moved off my farm into a small town about a month ago so I'm setting up a new shop. I have a small open shed in back of the garage where I was going to set up my old smithy. I went out there this morning to start putting it together and boy did I get a surprise.

Just about everything easily picked up was gone. My welding table, 2 metal stands, belt grinder, tongs, hammers, My ANVIL, all the scrap metal including the metal I bought to build my power hammer and a few other things gone.

The law just left. They said it was probably was stolen by some one planning to sell it for scrap. I called the local scrap yard and they said they will watch for the stuff.

Well I guess the open shed was a bad idea. I will be closing it in and putting a big pad lock on the door.They missed a couple tongs and 1 hammer and I have an old RR anvil so I guess I'm still in business. Kind of like starting all over again.

Well I've complained enough...sorry about dumping my problem on you all. Just needed to let off a little steam. Nice way to start the new year.

Wishing all the Knife Dogs a very productive new year.

Larry

Sorry to hear. Tough way to start the new year. You'll get past it.

Sorry to hear about your loss.
Had the same problem with my open shed. Luckily they didn't get much. I closed in the shed and have had only one attempt to break in since. My neighbor's big dog used to come over my fence to do his business in my back yard. I installed a single wire for a cattle charger on some fiberglass poles near the fence top .When he starts over the fence, his nose will contact the wire. In order to keep the charger out of the weather, I put it in my shed. The wire runs about 8' to the first pole, about 5' from the ground. Last summer I was wakened to a loud yell from the yard. Called my neighbor and we checked the area. Found one ball cap and one pry bar right under the wire coming from my shed. I guess in the dark, he didn't see the electric fence sign. I'll bet he's still wondering what hit him in the face.
I have since installed motion lights around the building. Want to make sure they can see the electric fence warning sign. :D

PS: I kept the pry bar and nailed the hat to my shed.

That really stinks. I feel for you. What's a Dog to do? Lick your wounds and put on the SPIKE collar.

Pat

That's Terrible. Hopefully they drop your anvil on their foot!! Damm thieves:mad:

Officer I have no idea how a 220 power line with a faulty breaker got attached to my anvil. How long will it take to remove the chard remains from my property?

I know with the state of our court system you can't do that but it sure is fun to think about. I hope you had decent home owners insurance.

Some good news after the bad. I just sold my small farm this afternoon on land contract. Got a nice down payment....guess who is going shopping for tools HEHEHE.
I appreciate everyone's concern...Thanks, ADIOS! I'm going shopping.

Larry

Well after reading this I guess there is good from bad. Everything was stolen and now your land is sold. Now you get to replace your stuff. But I would call around to every scrap dealer in a fifty mile area and maybe even up to 100 miles. It will show up some where. That is alot of steal and tools. Oh call the pawn shops and tell them about the anvil and tools. Again in a fifty mile area. That will be easy to catch. Best of luck and if you get a chance please post pics as you go on your shop and tools.

Back